Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have picture of which way oil seal should face in oil/water pump housing? Dealer may have installed upside down and no way to verify..normally the back of the seal would face fluid but this was opposite.. Service manual has no pictures of seal installed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flash ecU and installed block off plates, slip on, stupid dealer probably argue with me about it being under warranty anymore

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plus the quality job the dealer did on the install, they scratched the housing all up removing the old seal because he doesn't know how to use his tools..of course gouges are not where the oil leak is coming from sadly..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they did crappy work and I don't want to take it back, has anyone had one of these oil pumps apart?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,875 Posts
No, but I looked in the manual and not sure what seal you're referring to. The oil pump itself didn't have a seal. The outer housing just uses an oring. You just put the oring in the groove and lube it up. There is no direction for it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
No, but I looked in the manual and not sure what seal you're referring to. The oil pump itself didn't have a seal. The outer housing just uses an oring. You just put the oring in the groove and lube it up. There is no direction for it.
There's an oil seal under the two piece water pump mechanical seal.

As to which way it should be, probably as the OP said, open side to oil pump

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,875 Posts
There's an oil seal under the two piece water pump mechanical seal.

As to which way it should be, probably as the OP said, open side to oil pump
I was PMing with cnrjames about this last night. I see now what he's referring to and agree with what you say too. Open end towards the oil pump. But again, I have no first hand experience with this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to just put it in that way tonight and see what happens.. If you really blow up diagrham it looks like that is correct way.common sense says face up. but when I pulled dealer installed one it was backwards so that threw me...I emailed Schnitz racing and he was looking for me as well.. Really appreciate all the help and the forum rocks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would always work off if there's any chance of pressure behind the seal the open end faces that direction. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts