Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my Gen 4 ideling a little high. When I clutch to stop it idles up 2k the. After 10 to 15 seconds it i does down. It's also will not crank if it is in gear even with the clutch pulled in and the kick stand up.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this. A few months ago my bike brought up error code 39 but I charged the battery and it never came back on.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,392 Posts
Maybe a vacuum leak or something similar. What mods you got? The G4 idle is controlled by the computer, so there's no manual adjustment. Sounds like a sensor is going flaky or something.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guhl reflash, slip on PCV, SFM with QS BMC filter could the firmware on my PC cause that? Thanks SkyDork

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,392 Posts
Guhl reflash, slip on PCV, SFM with QS BMC filter could the firmware on my PC cause that? Thanks SkyDork
I'd say yes if you just installed the PCV and this issue showed up. Bit if you've been running this setup for awhile, I doubt that's the issue. But what firmware are you running? I think there was an issue prior to 1.9.0.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running 1.8.5 firmware. I will have to change to the 1.9.0 and see if that corrects the issue, but that doesnt explain the starting problem while in gear with the clutch pulled.

·
The Pace
7,014 Posts
That idle is what mine does, exactly. Doesn't bother me at all, but I do notice it. That start prob is serious, to me. One of the stupid switches, either kick or if you changed out the clutch lever. Someone here knows, but that would bother me so much I'd take it to a tech and let him sort it out if no one come up with a quick solution here.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Its the safety switch on your clutch lever.

If it was the kickstand switch you wouldn't be able to start in neutral and shift into gear. It would die as soon as you shift.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. Starting issue solved. I unplugged the safety switch and played with it and it works.
I also updated firmware to 1.9.2 I will see if that fixs the high idle problem tomorrow
Thanks for the help..!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts