Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone used Gen-4 parts of a Gen-5, specifically the throttle bodies, ram air tube, sub frame?

The side pieces of the sub frame look to be same but the rear section looks different.

The ram air look looks similar but i cant be 100% sure from the parts diagrams and the same for the throttle bodies.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Nope. I know the TBs are not compatible. At least not by themselves. The G5 is ride-by-wire and the G4 is not. You'd basically have to swap out the ECU and whole harness to a G4 version to use those. Otherwise the G5 ECU won't see the inputs it wants to try and control the engine.

The subframe is not compatible either. The guys who have converted their G4 to use a G5 tail section had to replace that as well. It would bolt up the sides, but then you'd have to use the G4 tail fairings and taillight with it.

The ram air tube is kinda the same way. The G5 was changed slightly to line up with the different fairings for the newer model and also has the flapper valve in it. The G4 didn't. There's enough differences that it's not a straight forward replacement.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I know the TBs are not compatible. At least not by themselves. The G5 is ride-by-wire and the G4 is not. You'd basically have to swap out the ECU and whole harness to a G4 version to use those. Otherwise the G5 ECU won't see the inputs it wants to try and control the engine.

The subframe is not compatible either. The guys who have converted their G4 to use a G5 tail section had to replace that as well. It would bolt up the sides, but then you'd have to use the G4 tail fairings and taillight with it.

The ram air tube is kinda the same way. The G5 was changed slightly to line up with the different fairings for the newer model and also has the flapper valve in it. The G4 didn't. There's enough differences that it's not a straight forward replacement.
Its good to know now before looking deals on Gen4 parts. Thanks again

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
How about the tank? Is this the same as above, with minor changes?
I would expect that to work. The differences should be contained to the charcoal canister ports. Those can be capped. I'm not 100% sure on whether it's the same, but I'd gamble on it.

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would expect that to work. The differences should be contained to the charcoal canister ports. Those can be capped. I'm not 100% sure on whether it's the same, but I'd gamble on it.
Awesome! There has got to be at least one part the same. I'm hoping this is it!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,580 Posts
I converted my 2011 to 2016. Gas tanks direct change over.
What I am not 100% sure of are the front wheels. Since my rear wheels all have some form of quick swap and require shaved or special spacers I am not sure if they are swappable. I have spares, but have not tried to swap them yet.

I swapped the bike back to 2011 before I sold it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts