Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 4 and It seemed to be bogging under a load. I got the little sock fuel pre filter changed and that seemed to cure the problem. 300 miles later it is doing the same but worse. If I smash on the throttle it will completely fall on its face. Fuel pump maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good deal, I hope so. I just put all the plastics and tank back on, would the two lines on the bottom of the tank cause an issue If they were backwards? One goes from the tank to the airbox and one Is an overflow I believe

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
Ok good deal, I hope so. I just put all the plastics and tank back on, would the two lines on the bottom of the tank cause an issue If they were backwards? One goes from the tank to the airbox and one Is an overflow I believe
No, one of those goes to the charcoal canister and the other is an overflow line to the ground. If they reversed and the tank was overfilled, then the gas can get into the canister. That will cause some stumbling and hestitation, but it should clear itself out pretty quickly. Do you reverse them? Have you overfilled the tank?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't overfilled the tank but i have gotten pretty darn close. I have not switched the lines yet. I will do that and see If it is cured. 😊

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
I haven't overfilled the tank but i have gotten pretty darn close. I have not switched the lines yet. I will do that and see If it is cured. 😊
Let us know. Don't get your hopes up on that, but it's worth a shot. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update.. one of the lines under the tank was pinched so I switched that. Unfortunately, the problem was still there. It will completely fall on its face like it's dead, all electronics still on, no fi or dash lights come on then it will randomly take off and scare the s^#t out of me

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,167 Posts
Update.. one of the lines under the tank was pinched so I switched that. Unfortunately, the problem was still there. It will completely fall on its face like it's dead, all electronics still on, no fi or dash lights come on then it will randomly take off and scare the s^#t out of me
That's what I figured would happen. It sounds like when the throttle is opened, it's getting starved for fuel with the influx of air. Then the fuel pressure builds up and it takes off. Still sounds like a pump issue not being able to keep up with demand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts