Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would liker to get a set of the spacers as well please. If you can contract me at [email protected] and give me the proper information to get these things ordered and on the road. I am dying to get rid of these 3 spokes and get these 8 spoke galespeeds on there. The 3's have been cramping my style for to long now. I have a new set of rubber in a 200/50/17 going on and I want to mount them on the other set of wheels.
Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would this mod allow me to fit a Gen 4 OZ Piega wheel to my Gen 5 bike.

The only issue I see is that the standard Gen 5 wheel spacers may not fit the oz wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have the oz wheels from gen 4 that I want to run on the gen 5. Did this work? I measured the wheel spacers and I don't think it will

·
Registered
159 Posts
i just fitted my 4th gen Marchesini front wheel to my 5th gen setup. I used Evol Technology 5mm spacers for the rotors and had Colt from 39NRacing make me customs wheel spacers (added 5mm) if you want shoot me a pm and can text you pics of everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
To be clear, the gen 4 rear wheel is a direct bolt on without any spacers? I understand the front wheel needs different spacing. I am looking for a spare rear and found a couple complete gen 4 rear wheels with rotor and wanted to know if any other spacing is required.

Basically can I put a gen 4 stock rear wheel with gen 4 rotor on my gen 5 without any changes?

·
Registered
361 Posts
If O.D. of rotor is same it will not be a problem. All I need to know is if the rotor O.D. is the same between gen 4 and gen 5. I can see it's a different shape but only concerned about diameter.

I was unaware the RR uses a different rotor from the R but that is irrelevant for what I am trying to do. I just want to make sure the gen 4 complete rear wheel w/rotor is compatible.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If O.D. of rotor is same it will not be a problem. All I need to know is if the rotor O.D. is the same between gen 4 and gen 5. I can see it's a different shape but only concerned about diameter.

I was unaware the RR uses a different rotor from the R but that is irrelevant for what I am trying to do. I just want to make sure the gen 4 complete rear wheel w/rotor is compatible.
Gen4 and Gen5 rear wheels are the same, rotors are different shape but the OD is the same so in effect the rear wheels are interchangeable between both gens.

Fronts rotors are not the same at all. Gen5 is 330 OD and Gen4 is 310. Moreover, Gen5 RR is 330 OD but the carrier is dished (because of Marchesini rims) while R is 330 but carrier is flat.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gen4 and Gen5 rear wheels are the same, rotors are different shape but the OD is the same so in effect the rear wheels are interchangeable between both gens.

Fronts rotors are not the same at all. Gen5 is 330 OD and Gen4 is 310. Moreover, Gen5 RR is 330 OD but the carrier is dished (because of Marchesini rims) while R is 330 but carrier is flat.
I overlooked this but thanks for the info! Exactly what I was trying to figure out!

Do you know anyone else that makes a spacer kit for front wheel (gen4 to gen5)? OP is no longer making them... Certainly a cheaper route finding gen 4 wheels! I paid less than half of what a gen 5 rear complete is going for!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I overlooked this but thanks for the info! Exactly what I was trying to figure out!

Do you know anyone else that makes a spacer kit for front wheel (gen4 to gen5)? OP is no longer making them... Certainly a cheaper route finding gen 4 wheels! I paid less than half of what a gen 5 rear complete is going for!
I have a set of brake rotor spacers that would convert gen4 wheel to fit gen5. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thread resurrection... Has anyone tried the RR brake rotors on the Gen4 wheels, since they have a carrier that spaces the discs outward?
The spacing on the RR rotors looks about what you are getting from the above spacers.....

21 - 40 of 46 Posts