Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has machined parts of my racebike. He has made some kits to retrofit the Gen 4 front wheel to the Gen 5 bike. Here is some information from him. I am currently using these on my Gen 5 racebike and they are fantastic.

Below is his info:

In order to use 2011 to 2015 wheels on the 2016 bike, you need to space the rotors out slightly, and also use 2016 wheel spacers. Once you've done this, 2011-2015 wheels are a straight bolt on.

It will likely be much easier to find 2011-2015 wheels than 2016s as spares, so I have built 10 sets of rotor spacers specifically for this.

I have also built captive spacers for the 2016 wheels and 2011-2015 wheels for fitment on the 2016 bike. these captive spacers will NOT work on the 2011-2015 bike.

The rotor spacers can be seen here.

and here are the captive wheel spacers

Prices are as follows

The rotor spacers are 50 USD per pair shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

To fit your 2011-2015 wheels to the 2016, you ONLY need these rotor spacers and the stock wheel spacers from your 2016 bike. if you don't want to swap spacers between wheels, you can either purchase a set of stock 2016 spacers from the dealer, or purchase a set of captive spacers from me.

The captive wheels spacers are 40 USD per pair shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

These are captive spacers for the 2016. They can be used in 2011-2015 wheels when fitting the wheels to a 2016 bike.

The rotor spacers and captive spacers combined in a kit are 80 USD shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

If you are interested in either rotor spacers, captive spacers, or both, please send an email to [email protected] to arrange for the purchase.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2016 hub is wider by this much aluminum. And so your additional weight (though insignificant) would equal a similar amount as the 2016 wheel increase.

This isn't something I am going to concern myself with. My guess is that both might weigh 0.25 lbs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1463187382.649379.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1463187394.970372.jpg

Very lightweight aluminum. I can not express how perfect the fit is. Zero space. Very happy. Took about 7 business days to get to Kentucky. Spacing fit etc is perfect. I have attached a few pictures of them on my wheel

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the rotors themselves are not fit over the wheel hub grooves and only the bolts are holding the rotor from moving. That's probably not a huge deal. To be honest I leave a set of rains mounted on my spare set so I don't use them often and would only use them in a rain race. I guess bottom line is I'll take a set of spacers. :) The rear wheel is the same correct? EDIT: I also just remembered I'll need to get a set of rotors as well, or move the rotors over from my other wheel if I need to swap them.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.
The left side has a deeper shoulder due to the TC ring. It still centers the rotor even with the ring.

The right side is centered with the rotor bolts. I believe that is what he was trying to say.

I just installed a set onto a wheel today as well. These are a perfect fit. They saved me from having to buy 2016 wheels for the new racebike.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are more than enough threads to pass through the wheel into the hollow of the rim. Not a issue.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts