Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys, introducing myself with my recently bought gen 4. Still getting used to it. It was dilemma between this bike and the notorious s1000rr. However, I am a Kawi guy for quite some time, I am also owning a zx6r 2005 for almost 5 years. Just fell in love with the 10 in the moment I saw it. S1000rr is a brilliant bike but when love kicks in, nothing can be done :laugh2: It is still %100 stock. Waiting for a Bazzaz Fi QS, Austin Racing de-cat slip-on and DNA air filter. I hope the bike gets some gains from those because I am a bit disappointing from its performance so far

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looking good.. :welcome:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Welcome! If you can get over the lack of low end power then everything else is fantastic. That issue is cheap to fix with new sprockets of course. Handling also improves a lot with 6mm of shims on the rear shock and a proper suspension adjustment.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! If you can get over the lack of low end power then everything else is fantastic. That issue is cheap to fix with new sprockets of course. Handling also improves a lot with 6mm of shims on the rear shock and a proper suspension adjustment.
I really like how to bike handles. I feel it really light and fast cornering and changing directions. If that feeling is better with the shims, I am going for it.

Welcome mate!are you getting it dynod after the mods and what Austin Racing are you buying?
I am thinking of getting auto tune module for Bazzaz. I am reading a lot lately and according to the gathered info it should be ok. I like to experiment and try different stuff. Also, trying different air to fuel ratio is my goal. We do not have a reputable dyno tech here and a good dyno tune is a but mist. I have a friend from Greece and maybe we are going to flash our ECUs in Greece this summer. They have good shops and are into drag racing. Is it worth it to flash EU bike? I know it does for the US but our EU bikes are not so restricted, right? What would be the gains?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Well I didn't because Aus models are EU spec!but to answer that question is really up to the owner!If your going to the expense of a Bazzaz with autotune why would you also go to the expense of a flash also?Just buy the Woolich kit with the autotune there wouldn't be a great deal of difference in the price at a guess!Im pretty sure the Woolich autotune is much better at relaying info than the Dynojet autotune but not sure about the Bazzaz!Im not that computer minded but getting better and wanted a easy solution so I purchased a Rapidbike fuel controller that uses the stock lambda sensor to adjust fueling,it makes a map after 200-300klm and you have the ability to make changers when needed,I just wanted something easy!I heap of people luv Woolich and I have never heard 1 bad review since he first started so that speaks for itself

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:welcome: ypyk! Nice bike! :love10:
Thanks, mr_honez! Well, I have a friend that is a distributor for Bazzaz here in the country and he offered me really good prices for the Bazzaz kit. I guess I will try it and if dont like it will get the Woolich kit. Yes, the Woolich kit should be better since their auto tune is a lot faster - Woolich auto tune takes up to 100 samples per second while Bazzaz/Dynojet is only 8-10 samples per second.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.