Seems like this would be a cost effective upgrade for my gen 3
To get the big piston showa's
Also wonder zx6r bpf fit?
Rotors,axle and calipers I believe are all the same

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The BPF aren't worth the trouble, youre better off upgrading your gen 3 components. Just cause it's new doesn't mean it's better.
Not sure what the trouble would be appear to be a bolt in piece
Plenty avaible used on eBay and the reviews are fantastic.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BPF aren't worth the trouble, youre better off upgrading your gen 3 components. Just cause it's new doesn't mean it's better.
Are you part of the volicty calibrations ?
Might need to talk about upgrade options

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Not sure what the trouble would be appear to be a bolt in piece
Plenty avaible used on eBay and the reviews are fantastic.
By trouble I mean changing to BPF. Ive worked with a number of riders and there is a reason why the BPF guts get pulled out and carts are put in.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are also shorter than the gen 3 is imagine some geometry adjustments might add to the difficulties.
25 mm shorter is a lot to give up.
Thanks for the info also sent a email to your link Eva for a qoute on upgrades

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've been looking for front replacement for awhile. Have you tried springs piston kit and valving?
Actully haven't really started looking till the last month.
I am always looking for a good deal.
Now I have the Penske rear and feel I am out riding the stock suspension I'm looking into a upgrade. All I have read the stock springs are .95 kg and should be spot on for my 200 without gear weight.
Leaning toward a revalve but want to see what ally options were before I do that.
Just don't want to spend 6-800 on revalve and wish I would just went to the cartridges

·
Registered
559 Posts
Actully haven't really started looking till the last month.
I am always looking for a good deal.
Now I have the Penske rear and feel I am out riding the stock suspension I'm looking into a upgrade. All I have read the stock springs are .95 kg and should be spot on for my 200 without gear weight.
Leaning toward a revalve but want to see what ally options were before I do that.
Just don't want to spend 6-800 on revalve and wish I would just went to the cartridges
Stock gen3 front is 1kg/mm. Im 160 without gear and Traxxion installed .975kg/mm in min. Feels way more compliant, im sure due to their valving. Give them a call. They did not try to sway me in either direction (valving vs cartridges). They layed out the pros and cons of each and helped line that up with my needs and ability. Also, they were not in a hurry to rush me off of the phone and made sure I had all the answers I needed.

Not trying to push their products on anyone. But ive bought a metric shit ton of aftermarket parts for my bikes and mustangs over the past 15 years and Traxxion stands out as a shop with good communication, technical info and products.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Walter I'll get them to get me a qoute.

Plastic Baby respond to a pm and said the bpf really weren't a upgrade till he put cartiges in them so no reason to mess with that.

Thanks everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts