Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my buddies did his first day at Grattan last weekend and told me it was the most fun he has ever had. So I'm taking the 10 and going with him 08/03-08/04 to either Autobahn in IL (if I get picked for the free track day raffle) or to Gingerman in MI. Looking forward to it, trying to keep it relatively cheap my first time. Borrowed gear and renting leathers.

Have read several threads on here on advice, only question I have is I have about 3,200 miles on my stock Bridgestones....anyone think that'll be an issue for one/first track day?

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you can afford it I would say get new rubber especially for the track. Even though its your first time you will be pushing. 3200 miles is a fair bit for stock rubber. New rubber is cheap insurance in my opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,669 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
JAG great to hear that your getting to the track. Your buddy is right. It will be the funnest you have ever done with your clothes on. As far as the tire goes, it sounds like your going to have to get some new rubber soon anyway right? If possible do it now. You could probably get by and if you have to then thats ok but get some new rubber if you can. Relax out there. Have fun. Report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts