Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Elka stage 4 Hydraulic rear shock . Does anybody have advice or pics. Where to mount the two components , pre-load adjuster knob and the hydraulic canister.. Two separate lines..! Thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Elka Location

Mounted my reservoir next to the shock location in the swingarm cavity - had to cut down the rubber mounts to allow for 1/4" clearance from the shock. Shock has been on the bike for about 1 year with no issues.

- CW

Attachments

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Try to make it fits in the wires/battery tray .. Will look the best. I don't think that you need constant adjustments unless you are track junkie.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I cant help with your question.

But if you have the non ABS version, and/or have a Lithium battery, you should have some space under the seat, i would try to get the reservoir in there.
Most people seem to bolt the pre load adjuster to one of the hole for the passenger foot pegs.

Im sure Elka design the shock with the placement for those in mind, you should send them an email.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ha ha ha!

Bueller, bueller...
Funny!

I just noticed this thread... On mine I located the hydraulic pre-load adjuster on the left side and the remote reservoir on the back side of the exhaust mount. This allows for easy adjustment of the shock and the high/low speed compression damping on the reservoir. Granted this isn't adjusted often, but its location does make it easy when I do - or more accurately, when my suspension guru does.

Good luck. :eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have mine mounted as above, but I hate having it there. If you take a tumble at the track - that reservoir may be toast!! I like the swingarm mounting - I'm going to see if I can do that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree with you.

I have mine mounted as above, but I hate having it there. If you take a tumble at the track - that reservoir may be toast!! I like the swingarm mounting - I'm going to see if I can do that.
I got concerned about the very same thing and for my exhaust as well, so I recently got one of the R&G hexagonal exhaust sliders (amateur photog caught me on a ride last week).

I think it looks OK, but it will definitely help keep both my can and the remote reservoir off the pavement should the unfortunate low-side happen. Of course, if I take a real tumble all bets are off....

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts