Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have a question about my dyno. Flashed my ECU with Woolich. Bike made 173 hp after the flash. The bike is EU and according to ECU part number it does not have any restrictions. However, the dyno seems a bit low. I have Sprint filter, -1 front and Austin Racing GP Ultimate can. The can is 450mm long and has 60mm internals. Here is a picture of the dyno run. I am not dyno expert but what is that dip starting at 12000rpms? Green line is mine and red line is another zx10r. Attaching pic of bike for you to see the exhaust. Stock headers. Do you think the exhaust is causing this dip? Screen Technology Electronic device Display device Multimedia [

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOT is 13.0-13.2 spot on. I am currently riding with Woolich auto tune to fix part throttle and IAP maps. However, no more changes for WOT are planned from my tuner. Don't like that flat spot

·
Registered
434 Posts
Id toss the secondary flies and retune, might be partially closing still or ecu pulling timing still at high rpm

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Answering your question "is the exhaust causing that dip" NO is the direct answer. The shorter the complete system even allowing for varying header length including varying 4-2 2-1 lengths, then higher the engine will rev as there is less back pressure, the longer the system the more back pressure so the engine rev less but have higher mid - low torque = power. Pressuming the tune is a good one then some other restriction is pulling that flat at the top.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot the mention that secondaries ar removed. STP maps show that they are %100 open in high RPM but I geuss it does not matter when they are removed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Does your flash add back in the timing that's normally removed with the us spec ecu

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Do not look at or waste dyno time and money. Butt dyno works every time but you have to begin by riding the bike in safe areas where you can at least use 75% of your ability on known roads without mom and dad driveways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts