Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from a 1000 mile trip in around 24 hours on a gen 4. I gotta say for being a fairly aggressive sitting bike I?m not very sore. Dunlop q3+ tires did very well too. If anyone is thinking of doing some long distance riding get a better seat and don?t leave your suspension set for the track.. the bumps in the highway will drive you insane after a while.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's definitely one of the better sportbikes for touring. My butt starts hurting after 1.5 hours but I usually have a heavy shoulder pack on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We actually used foam cut outs to make the seat bearable for 1000 miles. Other than that.. I think I?m gonna ride it longer distances more often. Not 1000 miles again but a few hundred would be easy on that bike.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Longest I rode was 1010kms in 1 shot. Did it in 10 1/2hrs. Boy was my ass sore when I got home. Also got luck as I was doing 130kmh in a 90kmh zone. Got pulled over but the cop let me go because I was in the army lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I`ve just come out of a 2015 Z1000 and my biggest fear of getting the 10r was how uncomfortable it would be on long journeys in comparison.
I live in the Philippines and the roads there are generally pretty poor (bumpy)
I was absolutely blown away at how much more comfortable the ZX10 is than the Z1. I think it is largely to do with body position as opposed to the suspension. On the Z1 you constantly get the feeling that you are slipping forward on the seat and are always having to push yourself back so the strain on the shoulders is extreme.
The only issue I have with the ZX is that when I have my girlfriend on the back it is very straining on the wrists right from the word go.
Apart from that 1.5 hours then a quick stop is fine with me

·
Registered
127 Posts
I`ve just come out of a 2015 Z1000 and my biggest fear of getting the 10r was how uncomfortable it would be on long journeys in comparison.
I was absolutely blown away at how much more comfortable the ZX10 is than the Z1. I think it is largely to do with body position as opposed to the suspension. On the Z1 you constantly get the feeling that you are slipping forward on the seat and are always having to push yourself back so the strain on the shoulders is extreme.
The only issue I have with the ZX is that when I have my girlfriend on the back it is very straining on the wrists right from the word go.
Coach her on riding properly as a passenger to sit upright and keep the weight off your back as much as possible. That will decrease your wrist fatigue.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coach her on riding properly as a passenger to sit upright and keep the weight off your back as much as possible. That will decrease your wrist fatigue.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I would love to but unfortunately she is Filipina and doesnt speak the best English so trying to coach her is a nightmare. I have tried but its much easier just to arrange rides when she is at University LOL

·
The Pace
7,294 Posts
yes, super bikes are as close to perfection we can get for all areas except, possibly, towing whatever. No comparison between any super and naked or tour; indeed, only tow types of bikes are good: super bikes and dirt bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.