Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Brocks Performance has some type of spacer/washer specifically for the Gen4 to help the clucth apply more pressure. Go on their site nad check it out before you buy springs. Or, see if anybody is running that Brock's spacer on here and see if THAT helped. That thing won't increase clutch pull tension at the lever like stiffer springs will.
Just a suggestion. Not sure if you know about that Brock's washer/spacer thing for the Gen4.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've watched the "how to" video Brocks has on that part and from what I remember it is designed more for drag racing and does away with the "slipper" function of the clutch. Probably not what you want on the street or track.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
If you want more clutch pack spring pressure you can get aftermarket springs from Barnett...

Stocks are 62lbs I believe and they sell 75, 85, and 100's

I used to run 3 stockers and 3 100lbs springs now I'm running 4 100's and 2 stocks.

part number is MT-91-6 run about 20-30 bucks for 6 of them... so go in with a buddy who needs them and split the cost?

hope that helps

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but why would one want to do the upgrade for street use? What are the benefits/advantages?

"stiffer, more positive feel at the clutch lever"

^ From the eBay link in OP

Is that it?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I use it just for slippage, when your going 200mph + it puts a lot of pressure on the clutches to stay engaged all the way... adding some pressure just makes it "stick" better at those higher strains.

·
Registered
691 Posts
So that's how I roasted my clutch so quickly! New clutch and stiffer springs will be in tomorrow so ill let you know how it feels this week. The gen4 def needs stiffer springs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So that's how I roasted my clutch so quickly! New clutch and stiffer springs will be in tomorrow so ill let you know how it feels this week. The gen4 def needs stiffer springs.

What clutch did you go with?

I put a DP in felt good the hour I road it before I got into a accident.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My shop buddy ordered a brocks clutch. Was pretty mad it was supposed to be in friday but UPS fibbed so it wont be in until tomorrow hopefully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts