Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm going to change the sprockets on my gen 4 this winter and was wondering what's the best combo out there? I'm looking at EBay and found a set on there and thinking about getting them but figured I'd get opinions first. Also should I go with a 520 or stay with the 525 I was thinking about sticking with the 525 because of the strength. But have read a few sites saying the 520 did chains tensile strength is better than some of the 525's
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Talk with Mike, AKA RidersDiscount on the forums here. He'll beat any prices you see on stuff and have the right suggestion for what your goals are.

Paging Dr. Mike.... Dr. Mike you're wanted in Performance and Tech.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Vendor
6,831 Posts
Talk with Mike, AKA RidersDiscount on the forums here. He'll beat any prices you see on stuff and have the right suggestion for what your goals are.

Paging Dr. Mike.... Dr. Mike you're wanted in Performance and Tech.
:eek:ccasion1

·
The Pace
7,042 Posts
get the superstreet pro DID ZVM 525 with steel sprockets, if changing, and get that chain breaker that motomummy sells as it holds good. I go to amazon for the chain but check pricing.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
get the superstreet pro DID ZVM 525 with steel sprockets, if changing, and get that chain breaker that motomummy sells as it holds good. I go to amazon for the chain but check pricing.

I just bought one of those from Mike @ RidersDiscount. Stayed with 525 because rear sprocket is still pretty new and I like the smoothness of the OEM front sprocket. Gonna make a note of my mileage and see how long this chain lasts me.

·
The Pace
7,042 Posts
I just bought one of those from Mike @ RidersDiscount. Stayed with 525 because rear sprocket is still pretty new and I like the smoothness of the OEM front sprocket. Gonna make a note of my mileage and see how long this chain lasts me.
18k on past two, on the black. New one has 9k now but the oem chain seems ok, so far. Still with 17/39 as loop is 200 miles and so hate more than one fuel stop. right now stopping once before the tight stuff then final at home.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
18k on past two, on the black. New one has 9k now but the oem chain seems ok, so far. Still with 17/39 as loop is 200 miles and so hate more than one fuel stop. right now stopping once before the tight stuff then final at home.

I understand the optimal fuel range with the stock gearing but it sucks for the twist loops! I made the mistake of running the stock gearing on our last Arkansas trip and that will never happen again.

Funny thing is when I pulled into the gas station at the end of the ride I had .2 gal left in the tank! Wouldn't have made it that far without the stock gearing I'm sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts