Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand New, in open box, never mounted Ohlin's TTX-GP (part# KA 340). Sprung at 110 n/mm, or for a 150-160 lb. rider (without gear).
I bought this from a member here a while back, thinking i'd just replace the spring (im 215 lbs.) later. Haven't had the time to finish the build for my street bike, and really just wanted the shock to match the performance with my track 10R. Was sort of an impulse buy to be honest. Anyway, I'm gonna keep the stock shock and sell this.

$950 takes it. Will be listing on eBay soon, but will obviously have to account for their fee's there.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are more comfortable using eBay, my listing is here-
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122339926404
though I do have to charge a little more through them to cover my seller fee's.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump it up

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1k. Its Brand New, Never Even Mounted.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump.. You know you want it

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Registered
374 Posts
To bad the import taxes to Belgium are so high! Otherwise I was interested.
You know if the sender reduces the value of the goods on customs forms, your import duties would be a whole lot less. Technically the item is not brand new so who can really judge its true value.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I got bent over with customs and it cost me $490 to get it released!I had to actually show the receipt from Beet with purchase price from Japan!but it is technically second hand and you can drop the "said"purchase price to a reasonable figure!dont send it the ohlins box find another because then it looks second hand!hide the money trail Stealth we work with you your going to save big time!oppertunitys like this don't come up!I did with my Austin Racing for a guy in Thailand and worked perfect

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plane ticket? Lol..kidding.
Could be worth looking into a lower "declared" value, as was mentioned. I was going to put the Ohlin's box inside another anyway.
(If Greenmember is interested in doing this) Would I just declare the value at my post office for Belgium customs?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Yes!only concern is insurance if the buyer wants it!if you PayPal the purchase they cover it it's lost!had a feeling but could be wrong

·
Registered
374 Posts
A new purchased item will come with a bill of sale from the seller which is declared in customs forms and is the basis of how duties are calculated. If you ship a "used" item, the declared value is the amount the seller adds on a customs form prior to shipping. This is the amount that is used to calculate import duties in the destination country. Just be smart and do not include any original invoice documentation in the box. As I mentioned earlier, used items are no longer new. I wouldn't hesitate to ship that ohlins shock internationally with a declared purchase price of say $100. Who can argue over what was actually paid for the item?

Not knowing the import structure of Australia for Perter's beet exhaust, there may also have been tariffs levied against precious metal items such as titanium. The rules of imports and tariffs are designed primarily to generate revenue and to some extent protect the local economy of the destination country, governments make a metric ass load of cash via the ports.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. Thanks for your help Peter and BOP. Will wait to see what Greenmember wants to do here.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still for sale! $1k

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's the thing, when the value is higher than 100$ where getting taxed by import taxes.
To give you an example, I wanted the buy the Graves block off mirror plates. I've found them on Amazon for only 17$!
When I was at my checkout ready to pay the price went up to 94$... Ridiculous, price of shipping + tax.
Don't know if we can figur something out inorder to get arround the import taxes.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts