Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to improve the standard brakes for Superstock racing. Currently using the best Brembo fluid with Performance friction pads and race hoses. No problem on some circuits but others with heavy braking corner after corner the brakes fade badly.
Recently fitted steel kit caliper pistons which made no difference. Also tried Brembo pads RB-Z04 which worked OK for half the race before fade returned.
Not sure if different discs will help.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Well, if your brakes at fading, it's a pad problem. What pads are you running? It's doubtful that the fluid is boiling (which would cause the brakes to basically fail) since you're using Bremen fluid. You could change rotors, but until you get the pad issue figured out they won't fix anything.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Some say our track in South Australia is the the hardest circuit on breaks in the world. I have the abs model with brembo master, carbon pads and use RBF600 fluid and I have full brakes after a day of racing. U may have air in your system??

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Try different pads man. If that doesn't help then get GOOD aftermarket rotors and not Ebay Chinese specials.

Try Vesrah SRJL pads.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Try different pads man. If that doesn't help then get GOOD aftermarket rotors and not Ebay Chinese specials.

Try Vesrah SRJL pads.
:thumbsup:
and ya my ss lines, good brake fluid, srjl-17 pads, and if u still got problems go with a brembo m/c. and if u still have problems i guess spend the big $$ on the brembo monoblocs and such.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is I believe overheating. I have always used PF pads in the past on other bikes no problem. Brakes ok when cold. Cannot use different MC as Superstock regs do not allow this.
There must be a problem otherwise Kawasaki would not supply kit steel caliper pistons.
Maybe different discs with more mass will help. I need to stop the heat getting to the fluid.
The brembo sintered race pads at $300 a set did help.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I posted those KIT pistons on here months ago. Aren't they like $600 or more.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You are not using the steel pad backing plates are you? If so, remove them. I always do that soon as I remove stock pads. They retain heat, warp, rattle and are just useless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts