Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does doing the block off plates improve the performance of the bike?
What exactly does it do?
Is it very hard to do?
Thanks in advance.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
It doesn't give any better performance, but it makes it so that u get a more accurate read on ur A/F ratio when u have it tuned, but u already did that. Its simple to do though. just remove the tank and air box and its right there on the valve cover, then I believe u just jump the wires together for the sensor to think its all good and well

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. If it doesn't help there is no need just more work with little to no results. Once again thanks to both of you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't think anyone does it to gain any performance or HP.

It's more of a "get rid of shit the bike don't need" thing and it allows for accurate readings on the sniffer. Plus it looks cool.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
He had it tuned a long time ago, that's how I met him. put down 184 after they pulled that junk ass zfi

·
Registered
394 Posts
question for you. what did you do with the plug that was connected to the solenoid? did you just connect the two hoses by adding a hose inbetween? what size hose is that?

thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have some PSR block offs still in the box in the shrink wrap I'll let go cheap!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
question for you. what did you do with the plug that was connected to the solenoid? did you just connect the two hoses by adding a hose inbetween? what size hose is that?

thanks
The solenoid is still plugged it, so it will not throw a code,,, it is tucked up under right side, yes, I dont remember... Its a piece of hose from the solinoid... NO COST MOD

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The mod reduces exhaust popping on deceleration with aftermarket pipe, not blocking these plates will effect dyno AF sniffer and tuning,,,, it is a must do for any mod requiring changes to fuel maps....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Completed the mod. Just added hose inbetween the two. Left the valve plugged and tucked it to the right. No FI..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts