Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Asking $300 shipped

Ace tuned ecu I bought off a guy in Florida as I was wanting to go e85. Tunes are swapped by the power modes. M and L are e85 tunes and H is pump gas. Gentlemen I bought it from had basic bolt ons and said it made 200 on the dyno and he went 201 in the 9/10ths.

Plans changed and no longer need the ecu.

Sell your stock ECU and get a flashed/tuned ecu for cheap :grin2:

ecu by Brad Cornelius, on Flickr

ecu1 by Brad Cornelius, on Flickr

ecu2 by Brad Cornelius, on Flickr

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
My ECU is set up like this. F:pump, M:E85, L:MR12. Very handy! Struggling to find a fuel pump that can handle E-85 though. I wonder if Bren's fuel pump could be modified to fit a Kawi :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
My ECU is set up like this. F:pump, M:E85, L:MR12. Very handy! Struggling to find a fuel pump that can handle E-85 though. I wonder if Bren's fuel pump could be modified to fit a Kawi :lol:

Been running e85 in my Gen5 racebike all year with no fuel pump issues..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
Been running e85 in my Gen5 racebike all year with no fuel pump issues..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bike will run E85 no doubt but I don't want to find out in the long-haul my seals and fuel lines are toast. You might not notice after a season or 2 but a lot of materials, including parts in the OEM system, aren't E85 friendly.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would maybe run a tank of pump gas through it before storing it for the winter but I don't think you'd run into issues using it in the summer and storing with pump gas. I used to run e85 probably 9 years ago in my dsm and always left a full tank in it for the winter for sometimes just a few gallons in it when it'd break and be on jackstands for a while and never had any issues with the old walbro fuel pump or stock lines.

·
Registered
782 Posts
hmm how is a system E10 compliant and not E85 compliant? Maybe it has nothing to do with the material used and everything to do with whether the ECU is programmed and capable of recognizing and adjusting the fueling table for E85 or some blend of E10 to E85 because Mom and Dad wanted to pay a little less for fuel that day. Or maybe it has something to do with the injectors and pump just can't supply the added demand.

I don't think it has anything to do with material used at this point.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumpity for all PM's responded to.

I paid $325 for it but open to offers. Looking to possibly buy some racedeck garage flooring and if I could sell this ecu that is sitting in the garage unused I think my wife would be a little less pissed lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
hmm how is a system E10 compliant and not E85 compliant? Maybe it has nothing to do with the material used and everything to do with whether the ECU is programmed and capable of recognizing and adjusting the fueling table for E85 or some blend of E10 to E85 because Mom and Dad wanted to pay a little less for fuel that day. Or maybe it has something to do with the injectors and pump just can't supply the added demand.

I don't think it has anything to do with material used at this point.
So I actually went out of my way to do more research on this topic (from actual reliable sources vs word of mouth) and E85... with a tune... shouldn't be problematic. Like the other user said, it might be a good idea to flush the tank with 93 before storage but E85 is otherwise non-problematic. I think the big issue with E85 is that the Ethanol dries up seals and rubber and when rubber and seals dry out they're susceptible to flaking (or deterioration) and this is what a lot of people experience. So is running E85 good? Sure! Is keeping E85 in your system for long periods of time good? I would advise otherwise.. Safe to say I think I'm going to start running it and see how I like it. Dyno says it will improve torque quite a bit!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I wouldn't have any concerns running E85 but I would run a tank of pump gas through it and store it with pump gas in the bike for winter if it was me. I've seen posts that compare gains on E85 close to what you can get on mr12 and E85 is a heck of a lot less hassle than mr12 is.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yea I wouldn't have any concerns running E85 but I would run a tank of pump gas through it and store it with pump gas in the bike for winter if it was me. I've seen posts that compare gains on E85 close to what you can get on mr12 and E85 is a heck of a lot less hassle than mr12 is.
Post the ECU up on MRU or something; there's plenty of Gen5 peeps on there. (heck even eBay has free posting)
Best of luck :hello:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Post the ECU up on MRU or something; there's plenty of Gen5 peeps on there. (heck even eBay has free posting)
Best of luck :hello:
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but whats MRU?

I'll hold out a bit longer and try some fb groups again and maybe craigslist as thats the 2 place it seems like all the kids hang out nowadays.:bd:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but whats MRU?

I'll hold out a bit longer and try some fb groups again and maybe craigslist as thats the 2 place it seems like all the kids hang out nowadays.:bd:
MRU on Facebook (Moto Riders Universe).
190,000+ members :banana-metal:
There's also a "ZX10R Parts for Sale" page on FB.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is still for sale. Sorry about the PM's being full, I cleared some out some older ones so should have room now. I'll shoot you a PM too though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts