Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Paul from the UK joining to get hints, tips and advice.
I pick this MSS prepared track tool on Tuesday, after making the mistake of taking my Z900 on a couple of track days and being bitten by the track bug.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'd love to see full photos of this beast for all the details.

·
Registered
905 Posts
This picture brings to mind something I've always been searching for which is a belly pan that would fit with the OEM bodywork. Anybody seen such a thing?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Welcome back to the forum. Last I remember you were riding an S1000RR. What happened to your original profile?

I'm assuming that you aren't a brand new user with a very similar username to an older member.

·
Registered
838 Posts
looks like a nice bike, love the leo exhaust.

Has all the stuff you need on it, suspenion, kit ecu, qs, rearsets, looks like youve even got a brake pressure sensor on the front so perfect for data logging etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bank Holiday out of the way, I was able to speak to the original owner and builder.
The bike went from 2000 mile mint bike in 2013 to a £60k total full SBK build, full Öhlins front and rear, SBK swingarm etc. It was returned to Super Stock spec then raced twice, 12 track days and stored when Gen 5 bikes came out.
Apart from an oil change, it’s good to go.

here’s the engine spec:

Engine – Full MSS spec – flowed + ported head , re profiled cams , lightened + balanced crank , super finished casings , 8 new exhaust valves fitted last rebuild , NGK R 10 SD plugs, [ £ 400.00 a set !! ] shimmed box with 3 new gears from last rebuild . 200 bhp without baffle / 185 with

Rest of build:
Electrics – Motec CDL 3 dash with bespoke Scott Smart harness connecting into Kit loom / Kit ecu . Telemetry available on harness for front + rear suspension / oil pressure / brake pressure / water temp / lap timing – splits , rain light + all the usual tech that the dash has available to download / Avio switch gear / rain light / flash

K tec DDS pro shock
Leo Vince full Ti sbk system with baffle
Samco hoses + clips
DBS adjustable rear sets
Hel Braided lines
Brembo front master cylinder 19 X 20
Ohlins [ std ] front mounted steering damper
Clip ons + grips - new
MSS steering stops – new
MSS top hat tank mounts
Carbonin air intake / dash surround
Evo tec protective dash case
R + G radiator guard
Carbon frame protectors [ easily removable to check frame ]
Full set of GB racing covers / ears / sharks fin / new bobbins
Front brake lever guard – new
Dynajet quick shifter – RACE SHIFT – can offer road shift module if preferred .
QA throttle / new Venhill cables
K + N filter
Harris Quick release fuel cap
Captive wheel spacers - new
520 Renthal chain / front / rear sprockets
Lightweight battery
King Carbon sbk bodywork - vgc in black white + silver
Wheels fitted with new / unused Pirelli wets

·
Registered
905 Posts
Your new bike is so trick! I love the side profile. Can we get a closer look at how MSS built the seat? It looks really tidy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My plastics definitely aren’t King Carbon. At least the belly pan & my rear seat unit are CRC. It has the part number on a lacquered over sticker, on the belly pan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, any idea what the cams were re-profiled to? Kent 35? Kit 11-15? maybe. Baffle WTF -15hp on a baffle is a lot!
I have literally no idea about cam profile. I’ll ask. As for baffle, the SBK Corsa Ti system really isn’t designed to run with one in as far as I can tell. I guess with a fully tuned and ported motor, optimum back pressure is crucial for getting Max power out of it.

It’s all way beyond me. This is my first EFi bike that’s properly tuned. I’m terrified and excited to get out on it in 13 days at Caldwell Park.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes thanks for that, a 15hp chunk for a baffle is a lot! Maybe there could be scope for a better tune on that map. You got King Carbon listed on your specs lists, CRC is good though 👍
That spec listing is a copy & paste from emails between MSS and the original owner, so that CRC sticker was a surprise to me too.

Nice to know there’s options for plastics though.

my first modification 2 hours after getting home, was to grind off that ignition key mount from the yoke, then sand it all down and paint it up. 1 down, no doubt 350 to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your new bike is so trick! I love the side profile. Can we get a closer look at how MSS built the seat? It looks really tidy.
Not wanting to appear to be teaching Grandma to suck eggs, but there is an insulated (badly) aluminium plate, with 2 holes to bolt it to the frame rails. It sits over the battery and I guess supports my considerable bulk. At the back are 2 holes aligning with the 2 threaded holes on the rear pillion support sub frame.

the seat cowl secures with just 4 M4 or m5 hex head bolts, 2 front, 2 rear; then the foam pad fits with 4 flat head Dzeus fasteners.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

I’m thinking about swapping that plate with a sheet of 3mm carbon fibre, from Easy Composites.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Not wanting to appear to be teaching Grandma to suck eggs, but there is an insulated (badly) aluminium plate, with 2 holes to bolt it to the frame rails. It sits over the battery and I guess supports my considerable bulk. At the back are 2 holes aligning with the 2 threaded holes on the rear pillion support sub frame.

the seat cowl secures with just 4 M4 or m5 hex head bolts, 2 front, 2 rear; then the foam pad fits with 4 flat head Dzeus fasteners.

View attachment 450342

I’m thinking about swapping that plate with a sheet of 3mm carbon fibre, from Easy Composites.
Thanks for sending this. It all makes sense now. I was actually asking about the actual seat pad itself since it looks well engineered and not just a custom cut foam layer we see so often.

CRC Fairings | Kawasaki ZX10 2011+ Race Fairing Seat Pad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts