Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I need some help with front and rear suspension on my bike, I`ve just bought it and it´s a little to soft for me. If some one have like a "start up setting" for trackdays that I can start with? Maybe with just counting the clicks? Everything is oem, and my weight is 85kg.
Cheers!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Your front springs are fine for your weight 187lbs...
Front:rotate rebound and compression full soft then go 3 clicks...
I like 5 1/2 lines showing on tripple tree top of shock... Good starting point...

The rear is so soft that's gonna be on you to see how firm you can set it and get comfortable...

Don't forget to check tire pressure...

I'm 100% street rider so this is what I run for the street...

Good luck and congrats...

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a collar that comes with spring. If you want the shock back in OEM shock travel then you will have to buy an additional collar/spacer. It's about an inch and a half thick. Don't remember number but you can find it on racetechs website

·
Registered
38 Posts
im 88kg without gear stock spring had to go. i had stock shock revalved re oiled new spring 11.2 kg 110 nm had the 1way valve fitted and top out spring removed and no shit it is night n day compared to stock its best money ever spent perfect feel. i recommened it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Anyone have a link to where they purchased the racetech spring and additional collar?

I'm 95kgs and had my suspension tuned as best as possible to my weight with gear but feel the need to upgrade the spring.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used this as a base for mine then kinda worked from there. I really liked the setting they had for my 600rr.

Suggested Sport Bike Motorcycle Suspension Settings | Sport Rider
what a load of rubbish this article is...

suspension is a personal thing and other peoples settings are there individual settings, every one is different..end of..

also tyre selection will effect your settings...foget articles like this and get educated, its not the black art people think it is, it does however take some trial and error little adjustments at a time and note your base start settings and adjustments in a pad...

there's plenty of books/ articles available to help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts