Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a GEN 3 a couple weeks ago. Just installed the X-TRE and speedo healer. Neither one worked. Installed both EXACTLY as the directions say to.

Speedo healer: After installation I pushed the SEL button before I turned the key on. Turned the key on and got A then 0 then the display went blank. No "T" like the directions say will appear.

X-TRE: After installation PER instructions, I started the bike and the FI light came on. Checked the code, got 39 and my GI (gear indicator) does not work.

Bike was factory stock with 10k miles running perfect.

Any ideas? Anyone had these problems before? Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
So you need to go back through everything and recheck it all. You think you did it exactly like the directions, but I doubt it. Verify you cut the right wire for the xtre and that you have solid connections with the splices. Also make sure of the same things with the speedohealer. Both are straight forward and should work. I'm betting you got minor issues with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X-TRE is working now. One of the diagrams in the instructions was hard to tell what was top and bottom of the connectors and I had 2 wires mixed up. Turns out the Speedo healer is defective. They are sending me a new one.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts