Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...after talking with several after market motorcycle parts suppliers and companies and getting almost nowhere, except for APE, they helped the most and communicated the most also...I have decided to talk to a local company that sponsors some NHRA racers as well as F1 racers, and have some custom valve springs made for the 3rd Gen's. I will be going to see them Friday...hopefully if this doesnt cost an arm and a leg, everyone with a 3rd gen will FINALLY have an option for valve springs.!!! I'm going to talk to them about having them made for no more than 10.5mm of lift and around 15000 - 15500 rpm....Wish me luck...:eek:ccasion1

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nobody can tell me why these springs will fit all years from 2004-2010 but the stock gen 3 intakes have a different part number...or if you need to shim thesse..Ive talked to a few " performance motorcycle engine builders " and some say they are a direct swap and others say you need to shim them...nobody could tell me seat pressure, max lift or rpm these will hold either...And to try and get an ans from Kawasaki for the average person is useless...Maybe if this works out, it will give us another option, maybe even one better....just like any other aftermarket part, pistons, cams, nitrous kits, turbos blah blah blah...sometimes there is a manufacturer who designs a better piece .....We wont know unless we try...and im shooting for it. Everyone thinks a fuel injector is just a fuel injector, but im a rep for a very high performance fuel injector manufacturer, and until you try, you wont know if the part can be made better.....take a look at this video

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So will these valve Springs fix the Valve Surge problem?

Never mind wrong year :lol:....J/P and nice video on the Injectors :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should see the video of the 500cc comparison...its crazy...He just made a canted injector intake with twin 500cc injectors side by side in each intake runner, for when space is limited and you can only run a single fuel rail.....The amout of fuel is unreal

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Ever thought about grabbing a 2011 spring to test out? They will fit in the previous years and are good for 14k rpms :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
i don't think he will be using any special parts, its just for safety factor of having more then you need but that just me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i should be thanking you kirk for taking time and making the effort to do this and sharing your results with us :eek:ccasion1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts