Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed APE and everyone else I could think of....A few companies havent delt with the 08's yet, so they didnt have much info...another just shot me a price of $400 for heavy duty valve springs and said I " MAY " need to shim them also. I just got a response from APE and this is it.

Hello Kirk,

We have a set of valve springs and retainers for the ZX10, but they only fit a certain bucket. For some reason Kawasaki made different size springs and buckets and it is not particular to a certain year. What you need to do is measure the OD of your stock spring and the ID of your stock bucket. Once you get the measurements email me what you have and I will see if our springs will work for you.

Thanks,
Dustin
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, anyone out there with a 3rd gen, that has a head apart right now, wanna take some measurements ...??...PLEASE..!!...and we can chase down this unicorn set of valve springs for the 3rd gens...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a bucket somewhere around here from the kawi kit race parts if you want I can measure that for you...

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
So this is what I got. I dont know if someone else wants to doublecheck me. took the measurements a couple of times so should be fairly accurate. :thumbsup:
So, anyone out there with a 3rd gen, that has a head apart right now, wanna take some measurements ...??...PLEASE..!!...and we can chase down this unicorn set of valve springs for the 3rd gens...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts