Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than follow the service manuals confusing procedure. My take is to just turn crank clockwise until whatever set of valves your checking has its lobes in upward pos. Then use the feeler guages. Would this work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that does work.
Thx, if they are not within limits, I will probably leave it taken apart and send it to the shop. Have no idea how or where you apply the shims. Unless you know of a resource where I can understand. Thx again for the reply sir.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The service manual is the best resource, but if your having difficulty understanding that then maybe it is better you just take to the shop from the OFF?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Search on YouTube. There are plenty of video guides on how to do a valve clearance job. It doesn't have to be a video about your specific bike model and year. Just watch one to learn what to look for and then do it according to the directions written in your manual and it should make more sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search on YouTube. There are plenty of video guides on how to do a valve clearance job. It doesn't have to be a video about your specific bike model and year. Just watch one to learn what to look for and then do it according to the directions written in your manual and it should make more sense.
I appreciate the response, just doing some research. Noticed when I was changing the oil that the fairings were put together wrong. Bought the bike from them and after draining the oil I noticed it pretty clean. So they must have changed it. If they can't figure out or don't care how the lower fairings are put together....I don't want them fucking with the valves..still got 1,500mi to go to get to 15k. Thx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea it feels good putting work into your bike and knowing you did the job right. Just a month back the kawasaki dealership messed up an engine cover change on my gen 1 after a slide and returned my bike leaking oil. Had to take it back to them and argue to have them do the job right which they did free of charge since there was no denying it was leaking but I learnt i could have saved time money and hassle. I've been working on the bike myself ever since and it feels good to know I do the jobs by the book. That's what manuals are made for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts