Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, thinking about selling my Gen 3 FAF soon, wanting something newer, so will possibly go for a Gen 4. Question is....how do they compare in size etc to a Gen 3? i feel squashed up on my gen 3 mainly my legs, as the pegs seem too high, Gen 4 looks a lower bike, which is worrying me!! Any 6ft+ guys got a gen 4 and have some input on this? im 6ft 3"

Manufacturers are getting smaller and smaller with their bikes! its terrible for us big lads who don't always want GS's!

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi guys, thinking about selling my Gen 3 FAF soon, wanting something newer, so will possibly go for a Gen 4. Question is....how do they compare in size etc to a Gen 3? i feel squashed up on my gen 3 mainly my legs, as the pegs seem too high, Gen 4 looks a lower bike, which is worrying me!! Any 6ft+ guys got a gen 4 and have some input on this? im 6ft 3"

Manufacturers are getting smaller and smaller with their bikes! its terrible for us big lads who don't always want GS's!
I'm a little shorter than you, 6ft. But with the rear sets in the lower position I have no problem riding 300+ miles in a day. Sorry, I have no experience with the gen 3 to compare to. I did sit on all the Japanese 2015's before I made the choice to purchase the gen 4. I found new 4 and 5 side by side at a shop and the gen 5 was ever so slightly more comfortable but it was negligible really and certainly not worth the extra 4K. The performance upgrades may have been had I planned on tracking it though. Hope this helps even a little.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,978 Posts
They are very close to the same. I didn't feel much of a difference between the gen 4 after I upgraded. I'm 5'11" though. The gen 4 does have adjustable rear set brackets though and they come stock in the high position. That would gain you about a 1/2" which makes a big difference.

The gen 4 is an overall much better bike overall, however. Good upgrade.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you both very much for your input, yes i'm really really thinking about an upgrade to a gen4, hopefully find one which has had most mods done, luckily i bought my gen3 with the mods it has, which include :- pc5, full ackra, R&G bolt ons, tail tidy, braided hoses etc. Are all gen4's same spec from standard or is the TC etc factory option? not sure what Year to get :|

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,978 Posts
thank you both very much for your input, yes i'm really really thinking about an upgrade to a gen4, hopefully find one which has had most mods done, luckily i bought my gen3 with the mods it has, which include :- pc5, full ackra, R&G bolt ons, tail tidy, braided hoses etc. Are all gen4's same spec from standard or is the TC etc factory option? not sure what Year to get :|
The only optional item was the ABS. All of them had TC.

If you wait a month or so, I'll make you a good deal on my '12 model. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts