Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do the swap ..looking for a parts list and a couple of hints ....any help ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks I saw that but it doesn't say what shock he used or if he used different linkages... or what the suspension set up ....that's the info I'm seeking ! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I changed my Gen1 swing arm to a Gen2 besides the swing arm itself used the stock Gen 1 parts. then i changed the Gen 2 for a Gen 3 and same thing everything match.. i do have the 3 hole bones from the Gen 1 install... dont think that makes to much of a difference tho..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How was the right height and the suspension set up ...did it improve? Did you look into using 636 linkage ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
i saw a lot of diffrent post here found one that said that everything matched so i gave it a try.. suspencion felt the same and the height was 2 cent above what i had before i adjusted the stock gen 1 shock to match and ta da!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I used a low mileage gen3 shock, gen2 rocker, and soupy's adjustable links, but the stock gen2 links will work fine. It is truly a by up deal, but you will need the gen3 brake caliper and bracket and a gen3 brake line. Other than that, I can't remember anything else. Oh, you won't be able to run the under tail exhaust after, so a side mount or custom turn down is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
268 Posts
what are the benefits of swapping to a 3rd gen swing arm?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Aesthetics and appearance mainly. Little or no handling advantage. Once you pull the under tail it leaves a very open tail. Now that, in my opinion, looks pretty bitchin, but I wanted a more updated look. It's for personal preference.

·
Registered
221 Posts
aesthetics and appearance mainly. Little or no handling advantage. Once you pull the under tail it leaves a very open tail. Now that, in my opinion, looks pretty bitchin, but i wanted a more updated look. It's for personal preference.

Sent from my iphone using motorcycle

:+1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info this will help on the build I'm hoping to gain a little more stability to from the swap..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Aesthetics and appearance mainly. Little or no handling advantage. Once you pull the under tail it leaves a very open tail. Now that, in my opinion, looks pretty bitchin, but I wanted a more updated look. It's for personal preference.

i see. thanks for answering my question. if its aesthetics youre after, y not a sssa from a vfr? now thats bitchin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts