Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 08 zx10 got it from older guy and the speedo isnt registering. correct speed.. He told me that it wasnt the speedo healer but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,871 Posts
If you've already ruled out the Speedo Healer, then it's only 1 of 3 things: speed sensor, ECU, or instrument cluster. Cheapest and most probable culprit is the speed sensor.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Have a 08 zx10 got it from older guy and the speedo isnt registering. correct speed.. He told me that it wasnt the speedo healer but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
I would say its the Speed Sensor "FINAL ANSWER" . Instrument Cluster ..Its too new (Unless Your Dropping Wheelies from 10oClock) and the SpeedoHealer Well You ruled that out bt I would double check that ..

Just take your speed sensor off , inspect it for visual damage and iif none is apparent grab a used one off Ebay or borrow a friends to verify thats it.. there are ways to test that sensor but Im assuming your toool box doesnt contain the toools needed and reading devices as well as range its good for as far as load resistance and normal resistance... :headshake

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good man. i have a multi meter.. but i wouldnt know the specs or anything.. Thanks for the info.. Whats the best way to double check the speedo healer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts