Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am haveing trouble gettting to the two spark plugs on each end of the motor. ive changed the 2 in the middle. are there any tricks to getting to these on and 09 model. help is much apreicated

·
Registered
134 Posts
If it's like the Gen 1 you have to move the outer motor mounts out of the way. You can sometimes just remove a bolt, loosen the other and swivel it out of the way.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
you dont actually have to remove the mounts. what you need is a spark plug socker, a very short extension, a swivel for that extension, another a little longer extension. what i do, i just kinda build the tool as im putting it into the hole.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I dont remove mounts either, I think I had to put plug in the hole, then put socket on then extension to socket. Wouldn't go in all together ya just got to play with it a little

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just did mine, took about 45 mins from start to finish. The outer coils come out toward the front of the bike, they will naturally want to slide out between the frame and engine. Once you get it half way out press LIGHTLY down on the top end of the coil and it will come right out, goes back in the same way.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
:+1:
the outer coils come out toward the front of the bike, they will naturally want to slide out between the frame and engine. Once you get it half way out press lightly down on the top end of the coil and it will come right out, goes back in the same way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts