Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an 08/09 10R with STOCK PRELOAD on the rear spring? I'm looking for the exact length in MM please. The Kawasaki service manual states the stock spring length as 179mm, with a usuable range of 173.5mm - 191.5mm.
The reason i ask this question is my spring measures 171.5mm. This has me baffled as it's outside of the avalible range.
The preload hasn't been touched from new apart from me giving the adjuster collar a full turn before Sundays ride clockwise for more preload which exposed one extra thread on the shock. I assumed the preload was stock before making this small adjustment (as it's never been touched) counting 16 threads before and 17 threads after the adjustment.
If any members could take a quick measurement for me and post i'd be grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just took a quick trip to the garage downstairs, and my measurement is 177-179 mm. (the deviation is due to the place being cramped and my back being bad....-)..).
my suspension is 100% stock, no adjustments whatsoever...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took a quick trip to the garage downstairs, and my measurement is 177-179 mm. (the deviation is due to the place being cramped and my back being bad....-)..).
my suspension is 100% stock, no adjustments whatsoever...
Thank you for doing that Angel13, however it makes me even more curious over why my spring is so short???

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:dontknow:
your guess is as good as mine.....
Any chance you could count the number of threads exposed from the top locking collar to the top of the shock. Sorry about your back!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey, sorry, I just saw this.
The exposed threads are 17...I see in the first post that you have 17 threads as well.
could it be that you made a mistake in the spring length measurement??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek:ccasion1
hey, sorry, I just saw this.
The exposed threads are 17...I see in the first post that you have 17 threads as well.
could it be that you made a mistake in the spring length measurement??
Thank you again for checking. This is soooo strange. I've just recounted the threads and i do indeed have 17 showing. I've also re-read the manual to check i'm measuring the spring in the correct way. I re-measured the spring 3 times and it's 171.5mm. Unless there's another member who can shed anymore light on this i'm going to say big thanks to you Angel13 and settle with what i've got. Strange!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts