Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know first gen parts are getting very difficult to find. I’ve been looking for an ohlins or Penske rear shock. Has anyone successfully used a 3rd gen shock on a 1st gen? 3rd gen parts are much easier to find.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
781 Posts
no but I have a gen 1 that I am going to part out. don't have time or money to dump into it anymore. you just need the rear?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no but I have a gen 1 that I am going to part out. don't have time or money to dump into it anymore. you just need the rear?
I’m pretty sure I’ll be calling Penske in the morning and get them to start on a shock for me. I’m trying to decide on double or triple adjustable right now. What forks do you have for it?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
781 Posts
ttx would have been sick on my gen 1.. the suspension on it is all oem stuff. front and rear. if I hadn't been dumping money into internals I would have loved to upgrade to ohlins. if a 3rd gen setup could be found for decent price I'm sure that it is way better than oem but if it can't or you want to keep any sort of Frankenstein action to a minimum I have pretty much everything but the tank, mid and slip on, tail light and windshield. the rest is there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts