Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently raised my 10r back to stock height from a lowered height from the previous owner. The front was easy to reference using the top of the forks but the rear is hard to get an accurate measurement using "seat height". Does anyone know how high the rear should be?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Well, no. That's not the way you set the height. There's lots involved in that and the swingarm angle is more important than the height of the tailsection or seat. It's all about the geometry.

So, you shim and measure at the upper shock mount to adjust geometry and measure the rake and swingarm angle. Where the seat height winds up in that is not relevant. Depending on how the previous owner lowered it, will determine how to get it back to stock. If they used different dog bones, then those need to be replace them back to the stock ones. If they cut the spring or replaced the shock itself, then you need to replace those parts as well.

Do you know what was done to lower it? Have you replaced the stock parts yet? How are you trying to raise it back up? :dontknow:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner put on an adjustable dogbone mount. As this one is adjustable, I wasnt going to go spend $50+ to get used dogbone mounts if i didnt have to. Is there a write-up somewhere as to how to measure the swingarm angle and rake?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

Man you are going down a really slippery slope. There are a TON of variables when it comes to geometry. In a nutshell here's what you have

In addition geometry is like building a motor, every shop has their own formula so you'll get a bunch of different answers.

And last, I would HIGHLY suggest you ditch the adjustable dogbones like you have. They are not structurally stable like solid dogbones and have seen them snap at the worst time.

If you want to make a change without getting lost, convert them back to stock and go from there. You can pick up a set of used dogbones from ebay for 15 bucks shipped all day long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay cool! Thanks for the help guys. I'll get some stock dog bones and measure for a 12° swingarm angle. Easy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts