Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the under fairing work with the OEM plastics? I hate the look when the heat shield is removed from the cat.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
What's an "under fairing"? The cat doesn't have a heatshield. So much confusion. :confused: :dontknow:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I'm sorry, not good with descriptions I guess. The oil belly pan? Does that help? The cat is where the heat shield is attached to.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It won't work.

Most belly pans are not even compatible from one brand of race bodywork to another. IE a Sharkskinz belly pan will not fit with an Armour Bodies upper.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
Lower fairing or belly pan. As stated it won't work without serious modification.

The cat is in the bottom of the headers, not the boom box. Two very different things. It would be cheaper and easier to get some aluminum strips and some band clamps to build a custom bracket to mount the heat shield to the mid pipe. That's what I did on my gen 3

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bike doesn't have the cat anymore, nor do I want the heat shield was just trying to explain. The picture bellow is kind of what I was looking for, he must have the race fairings on. I appreciate your guys info. Also helps to have some advice.

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,643 Posts
My bike doesn't have the cat anymore, nor do I want the heat shield was just trying to explain. The picture bellow is kind of what I was looking for, he must have the race fairings on. I appreciate your guys info. Also helps to have some advice.

Just to clarify, unless you drilled and punched out the honey comb in the head pipe our swapped out the headers for an aftermarket one, you still have the cat in there. Removing the box doesn't change that. That's just a pre muffler.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I reckon if somebody was to manufacture a quality after market full race style belly pan that can accommodate the side stand theyd make a few $$$$

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Honestly so many people fit systems on there street bikes leaving that ugly big hole they look so much better with an enclosed race belly pan on far more aerodynamic as well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree. I love my bike but unfortunately that one spot always catches my eye and bothers me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts