Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys i am looking for blueprints for the additional race radiator of the gen 3. Anybody has anything that would help me build that part i would be greatful as it is way too expensive to buy one from the aftermarket suppliers for a V piece radiator. The cost to custom make one its way less than the prices they are asking.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be interested to know the outcome of this.
i am thinking to get a radiator from a scooter and cut it, its a cheap and easy solution but if we had a blueprint of a radiator somehow it would have been a nice copy of it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
A blueprint? Really? What do you expect to see in the "blueprint"? Overall dimensions? Weight? Number of cooling fins? Not sure what you need that for if you can just find any radiator that would fit the area you're trying to fill. I've never seen any blueprint for something as simple as a radiator.

The harder part of the radiator is going to be mounting the thing and running the coling lines to and from it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A blueprint? Really? What do you expect to see in the "blueprint"? Overall dimensions? Weight? Number of cooling fins? Not sure what you need that for if you can just find any radiator that would fit the area you're trying to fill. I've never seen any blueprint for something as simple as a radiator.

The harder part of the radiator is going to be mounting the thing and running the coling lines to and from it.
For all the reasons you mentioned above and I am not sure yet I saw all sorts of designs from febur team Mac and other racing radiator providers. Even emailed to a factory in china if they can build that part as from what I saw some have a relieve valve on them and one is water and oil cooler let's see. But if you have an idea just say it. I don't know if the peningale v piece radiator would fit directly there. That should do the job I am not sure I must see the overal size of space and it will need a hook on the outer side as well the top hooks must be relocated towards the center of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received a message from lpmotoparts on ebay they said how many would be interested to buy that radiator to see if its worth building it. If you guys are interested we can ask for a quantity.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
I received a message from lpmotoparts on ebay they said how many would be interested to buy that radiator to see if its worth building it. If you guys are interested we can ask for a quantity.
To what end? Why are you wanting the additional radiator? Are you having overheating issues? Under normal conditions, even most racing conditions, the second radiator isn't needed for cooling at all. It will add a ton of unneeded weight to the bike and is not for road use. The lower chin radiator will be subjected to foreign object damage being low and in front of the wheel like that. Unless you have a specific need, I'm not seeing the point here. Are you endurance racing this thing? Prolonged, high RPM use in hot weather may benefit the bike, but your typical sprint races shouldn't need it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To what end? Why are you wanting the additional radiator? Are you having overheating issues? Under normal conditions, even most racing conditions, the second radiator isn't needed for cooling at all. It will add a ton of unneeded weight to the bike and is not for road use. The lower chin radiator will be subjected to foreign object damage being low and in front of the wheel like that. Unless you have a specific need, I'm not seeing the point here. Are you endurance racing this thing? Prolonged, high RPM use in hot weather may benefit the bike, but your typical sprint races shouldn't need it.
I live in Cyprus man summer temps are about 40c now the bike doesn't stabilize a temp when it is on idle you see the temp just rising and as soon as you start moving it drops down instantly. Imagine what is going on with traffic and 40c during the summer. Well I don't personally think it would be raising over 95c but its for safety. I am trying to be ready with solutions for every situation even for the rad after a lot of search I realized that I would be able to use one from ducati penigale or from MV Agusta F4. Easy solution from used parts. Its an idea what's your opinion.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,543 Posts
I live in Cyprus man summer temps are about 40c now the bike doesn't stabilize a temp when it is on idle you see the temp just rising and as soon as you start moving it drops down instantly. Imagine what is going on with traffic and 40c during the summer. Well I don't personally think it would be raising over 95c but its for safety. I am trying to be ready with solutions for every situation even for the rad after a lot of search I realized that I would be able to use one from ducati penigale or from MV Agusta F4. Easy solution from used parts. Its an idea what's your opinion.
A used one off of one those other bikes is probably the easiest way to go. Again, the mounting bracket and hoses will be the biggest of your challenges I'd imagine. But you should be able to make it work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lpmotoparts can not do that radiator according to the email i have received today, tough luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have ordered the radiator cap,thermostat, thermo switch and other radiator parts to see if something is actually reading and sending a wrong value to the ecu. Mac radiator looks nice and same look as peningale radiator. You can use the fi5ings of Mac rad and install the ducati rad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts