Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story, A while back some guy pulled out in front of me and Thanks to cold tires and white paint I nose dived into the ground. As i was buying OEM plastics I low sided on the other side of the bike! Fortunately the overall damage is cosmetic, but that's the most expensive shit ever. So, repairs would be all plastics, rearset, clip on, and stator cover. So, should i consider buying a hot bodies kit and painting it? If so can i see some pics of that? Or, should i part out the bike and buy a new one? 2008 zx10.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I would repair the plastics, but it would depend on how bad the damages are on the plastics. Also you could buy plastics piece by piece from the guys here or on ebay, craigslist, then save up to get it painted all at once. I think that would be more cost effective. I have done that with my old zuk. I have even rode it with no fairings and just a head light.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
This is your perfect chance. Sell any stock plastics you have along with the lights and mirrors and use the money to buy track skins. Spray bomb them any color you like and get your butt to the track. You will have the time of your life!! I promise you wont regret it!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Repair brother, repair...I wrecked my 3rd Gen and I could've fixed it but I let the insurance company total it...Biggest mistake of my life. I got another 3rd Gen same color and everything, but the time in between not have a 10 almost drove me crazy!!! If you can fix it man, fix it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for input guys. By the way, i have been on the track and love it, at Jennings gp, i did a 1"40 for my first time. I was happy, but this is my only transportation. As, a poverty stricken college student i have been riding nothing but my bike since i was 19 or so. I guess its time to go street fighter for a while, again This isn't the first time some shithead cut me off and or ran into me and either drove off or didn't have insurance. I guess i was just being a cry baby and wanted to start over. :crybaby2: lol

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Here's the story, A while back some guy pulled out in front of me and Thanks to cold tires and white paint I nose dived into the ground. As i was buying OEM plastics I low sided on the other side of the bike! Fortunately the overall damage is cosmetic, but that's the most expensive shit ever. So, repairs would be all plastics, rearset, clip on, and stator cover. So, should i consider buying a hot bodies kit and painting it? If so can i see some pics of that? Or, should i part out the bike and buy a new one? 2008 zx10.:dontknow:
honda East toledo for all your oem parts needs, super cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
sharkskinz sells street bodywork for a good price...you wouldn't have blinkers on the front fairing, but you could buy some mirrors w/integrated signals for not too much, and, you could paint any color you'd like...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts