Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the local looking to see if the parts fische had dimensions for what is called Rear shock spacer.It looks like it is 10mm thick.Now pictured above it is something called a optional "spacer kit".They have 5 with different thickness. They are not round with a hole-they are shaped like a square horseshoe,like this------

" [ "

Has anyone bought the OEM kit??

I know some have just bought washers. Just wondering if washers are wrong because of the surface they sit on? Are the OEM spacers wedge shaped when laid flat?

Look here for part# 92026 in "frame and fittings" window

Do you thing they would mount on top under the Nut OR above the spacer Or under the spacer??

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2008-kawasaki-motorcycle-zx1000e8f-ninja-zx-10r/o/m17998

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think the advantage of the shim is that you don't have to pull the shock completely out of the frame. All the tuners I've spoken to said add 10mm and leave it there, so no need for multiple shims.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the advantage of the shim is that you don't have to pull the shock completely out of the frame. All the tuners I've spoken to said add 10mm and leave it there, so no need for multiple shims.
So your saying double what is already there OEM? 2 10mm spacers stacked?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So your saying double what is already there OEM? 2 10mm spacers stacked?
That's too much. At 10mm your nut wouldn't run down onto the shock much at all.

I think I have a 4mm and a 6mm over stock sized spacer. I run the 4mm and just barely get a full nut of threads. 6mm would probably be fine. No way I would run 10mm over.

Also, to answer your first post. No, the spacers are not tapered or wedged. Flat on both sides.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's too much. At 10mm your nut wouldn't run down onto the shock much at all.

I think I have a 4mm and a 6mm over stock sized spacer. I run the 4mm and just barely get a full nut of threads. 6mm would probably be fine. No way I would run 10mm over.

Also, to answer your first post. No, the spacers are not tapered or wedged. Flat on both sides.
Wait wait wait...

You're saying you have a 4 and a 6mm spacer along with the 10mm stock one?

The OEM dimensions on the stock spacer are- 16.5x26x10 I am assuming that the height of that spacer is 10mm? if you have a 4 and a 6 stacked on each other that's the same as two 10mm stacked right?

Or are you saying you have a 4 or 6mm selection and you run the 4mm along with OEM currently?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Wait wait wait...

You're saying you have a 4 and a 6mm spacer along with the 10mm stock one?

The OEM dimensions on the stock spacer are- 16.5x26x10 I am assuming that the height of that spacer is 10mm? if you have a 4 and a 6 stacked on each other that's the same as two 10mm stacked right?

Or are you saying you have a 4 or 6mm selection and you run the 4mm along with OEM currently?
I machined my own spacers. I made 1 that was 4mm taller than factory, and another that is 6mm taller than factory height.

I'm running the +4mm right now.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I don't know the height of the spacers in the "kit", but I bet theres not one over 5mm.

It would be wreckless to run the threads that low on a nut. IMO

I had my rear end close to 8mm over stock height with the Ohlins TTX rear shock, but it has a fully adjustable ride height.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
aha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts