Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting my ecu flashed by archer and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket i thought id have gained alot more. I use my buddys 08 cbr as a gauge. He has a slip on and -1+2 gearing. Mine stock he'd start pulling as soon as i shifted to second. Now after my flash,-1, and a k&n he starts to pull me at the top of 3rd and through 4th. Total about 4 bikes. Which was a big gain from what it was before but in my head i thought it was gonna be alot closer from what people say about the zx10 and how it has legs up top. I out weigh him by about 25 pounds so i know thats a factor. And i think the gearing plays a small role also. The Archer flash is great though no complaints there. I believe i may have been short shifting it at 12k though. Noticed my shift light comes on about 11k and redline is now 14k. may have made a small difference.

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
So after getting my ecu flashed by archer and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket i thought id have gained alot more. I use my buddys 08 cbr as a gauge. He has a slip on and -1+2 gearing. Mine stock he'd start pulling as soon as i shifted to second. Now after my flash,-1, and a k&n he starts to pull me at the top of 3rd and through 4th. Total about 4 bikes. Which was a big gain from what it was before but in my head i thought it was gonna be alot closer from what people say about the zx10 and how it has legs up top. I out weigh him by about 25 pounds so i know thats a factor. And i think the gearing plays a small role also. The Archer flash is great though no complaints there. I believe i may have been short shifting it at 12k though. Noticed my shift light comes on about 11k and redline is now 14k. may have made a small difference.
I think rider has the biggest impact on who wins from a dig. I've owned both bikes and the cbr felt more grunt down low but the zx10 definatly had it up top, but I'd give the advantage to the cbr if your going 0-150 especially with that gearing.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If i understand well u shift up to 12k???when i have my zx10 gen3 full exhaust air filter and race ecu tuned (rev limiter extended to 13500rpm)i shift up to 14k on the gauge

·
Registered
727 Posts
You said he use to start pulling when you shifted into second before? What gear are you starting out in when you roll from 60? I'd think your so would be able to handle the cbr. What all so you have done to your ten

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your CBR buddy is getting the better of you because of his gearing match his gearing and you should be able to pull him. In stock form during the tests the 08 ZX10 was king completely outclassed the compition when introduced.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i thought the same thing. Yes Blue before he pretty much pulled me in every gear. Now he doesnt till we get up in third a ways and in 4th. I have an Archer flash, -1 front sprocket and k&n filter

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
He's got the gearing and weight advantage, you have the power advantage but I think you might be missing some key components. Do you have the rifleman insert? Or any kind of quick throttle? Also you might need to go up one in the rear. I raced a buddy that had the same cbr same mods and I'd reel him in after the hit, probably around 120-130ish. Granted I do ride a gen 2 though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd go up two even maybe 3 in the rear. I'm -1+4 and rides on the street just fine. Only thing you would not benifit from going that high in the rear is your top speed would drop

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Weight can of course be an issue, but being -1 in front should be plenty against that bike.

Its possible he has a factory freak of a bike. (they exist)

Its possible your bike is a factory wimp. (again they exist)

Your friend may be a beast of a rider. Ive met guys that are just awesome and fast.

Your bike may have an issue between the handlebars and the seat.

It could be any combination of the above. IMHO though your bike should beat his. Those CBR's are no joke at all, still awesome as heck track rides. On a roll race though, it should not beat any gen Kawi.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope your mistaken

This can't be true I have been talking trash to this guy who got some work done on his bike at my shop he has a 08 CBR 1000 and I have a 08 10r .I promised him when I got my ecu back and put her back together I would give him a proper trashing .But unlike u I think I will get a tune also before this race .Forgot to mention my bike has identical mods except I have no cat and plus two in the rear .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This can't be true I have been talking trash to this guy who got some work done on his bike at my shop he has a 08 CBR 1000 and I have a 08 10r .I promised him when I got my ecu back and put her back together I would give him a proper trashing .But unlike u I think I will get a tune also before this race .Forgot to mention my bike has identical mods except I have no cat and plus two in the rear .
Exactly what i did. talked shit and still got beat. I have 20k of street miles under me so im by no means a squid. Im a gearhead. ive raced everything from karts to motocross. I thought for sure id pull on him and it didnt happen. Ill try and get it on gopro next time we do so you can see what im talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts