Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i got the bike about 3 weeks ago. It pulled hard when i got it but suddenly it wouldnt pull above 8 grand. I tested the pump flow and it was below 40ml in a 4 second prime. Cool i order a 04 fuel pump. It arrive and im excited to feel the wrath of the widowmaker.

I get my old pump out and boom its totally different. I message the seller and he said thats a 08 pump. At some point someone installed a 08 pump and i will send you the correct 1. My question is will this work ok (semed to before)or do i need to go for a gen 1.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
gen 1-2 pump assembley housing has a sump built in it the longer fuel pump fits in. gen 3 has the shorter flat with the tank no sump assembley housing and requires the shorter pump. pumps wont interchange. u need the gen 3 smaller pump to fit up. correct gen 3 pump will work as well as gen 1 pump/housing on ur bike, so no problem. gen 1 pump requires complete gen 1 pump asembley.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
I am confused...... So you have a Gen 1 with a Gen 3 pump in it. You ordered a Gen 1 pump. So.....why doesn't it work in your Gen 1 and then you ordered a Gen 3 pump?

Do you have a Gen 1 tank on the bike?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts