Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what tools I need to compress the cartridge piece down on a gen 3 I have no way to compress the top down , theres no hole on the metal sleeve. :dontknow: ....

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,364 Posts
Yeah, there is a hole on the metal spring seat for compression. I just replaced the seals on my Gen 3 and used the Traxxion Dynamics kit to do it.

You must not have seen the holes farther down in the fork tube or something. :dontknow: I will say though, that it kind of a PITA to use this tool because the holes are fairly down the spring seat and you'll need to have someone compress the spring while you pull up on the fork cap to slide the clip in. But it is doable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got that kit, are you sure? or am I doing something wrong here... posted a pic of the metal sleeve im talking about. Its a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Police is what comes out on insurance....

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,364 Posts
I got that kit, are you sure? or am I doing something wrong here... posted a pic of the metal sleeve im talking about. Its a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R Police is what comes out on insurance....
Yeah, I'm sure. I just got done using that kit on my '09 forks last month. There should be 2 holes in the sleeve about 2-3" down from the cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts