Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just past from a dyno tune on a dyna pro dyno. i did 187.02 bhp on a stock engine but the chain was actually playing left and right on the dyno so we didnt push the bike for more.ill attach a photo of it, but i would like to ask what kind of chain and what gearing do you guys sugest the bike is gen3 zx10r. A lot will be saying its too much for a stock engine without cams and other mods, i have seen higher results on other dynos 5-6 hp, and once lower by 2hp in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I just went -1 front on my Gen 3 and it made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
if your getting a new chain then really you should replace the sprockets as well if your doing that i recommend you go down to a 520 pitch it realise a little more power because there is a little less resistance also getting a aluminium hardened sprocket on the rear also releases a little more power because there is slightly less weight as long as you get a good quality hard chain i promise you wont regret it.

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
Those results look good nick. The optimal gearing will depend on your intentions.

I personally have a box of aluminum sprockets and use a 520 pitch. -1 +2 seems to work very well. On the longer tracks I'll use -1 or -1 +1. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys then i ll do the 520 chain. now the sprockets i ll see the combinations you guys suggest.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those results look good nick. The optimal gearing will depend on your intentions.

I personally have a box of aluminum sprockets and use a 520 pitch. -1 +2 seems to work very well. On the longer tracks I'll use -1 or -1 +1. Good luck.
Any particular brand of sprockets and chain ? i think i ll go for tsubaki chain do you suggest anything better ?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just put a EK 520 chain on mine and went with steel sprockets -1 +3 I decide to get Driven sprockets from Mary @superbike supply they also have some lighter weight drive systems sprockets that will way out last any aluminum sprocket definitely don't get vortex there junk just look at the 100 of them at wheelers by deals gap

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Due to limitation on parts I did go with the zvmx 525 DID chain and talon aluminum sprockets standard sizes. But I placed an order for a 520 ek zzz chain and supersprox sprockets to have them on the next chain change. It was impossible to be safe for a month for the parts to come to me, with the parts that i had. Anyway thank you all
For your help.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
:eek:ccasion1
Duen to limitation on parts I did go with the zvmx 525 DID chain and talon aluminum sprockets standard sizes. But I placed an order for a 520 ek zzz chain and supersprox sprockets to have them on the next chain change. It was impossible to be safe for a month for the parts to come to me, with the parts that i had. Anyway thank you all
For your help.
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What all do you have done to it to pull 187 on a stock motor gen 3
Honestly i havent done anything major.
i only had: a full KR tuned exhaust system, pipercross air filter, rapid bike racing module the black one full options as i program those, i had changed fuel pump from high flow systems but its a replacement part, not an upgrade or anything, i also had 4.5mm additional ride height shim on the rear stock shock if that makes any difference, basically thats all. And that was 80% throttle from 11000 rpm as the safe mode was activated as the bike was overloaded. The bike shows higher bhp on other dynos, these dynapro dyno is the most strict one i have ever seen Now i am looking for an additional radiator blueprint to build one, and if i find a used upgrade for my rear suspension that i can buy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts