Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you degreeing your cams to on the 3rd Gen's..?? ive seen some peeps do the 110/102 and others that have done 110/109...Im looking for some numbers that people have worked with and know the results...All my bike is going to see RPM wise is 9500rpm+:helmet:...thats it...My bike is stock bore/stroke and stock head and cams...may go with the 07 exh cam though.....:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was suggested by a builder to run 110 108 or even 110 110 I have the exh cam mod as well. Will be going in her soon will prob try 110 108

·
Registered
83 Posts
What reference is being used, is this (0.xxx)" lift xxx degrees After Top Dead Center ATDC or Before Top Dead Center BTDC. Are you speaking when the cam reaches full lift, begining of ramp, or what?

·
Registered
384 Posts
You can run 04-07 exh cam they are the same lift and duration. The gen1 cam is the same part number as the kawi exh kit cam for a gen3 the gen2 is a different part number with the same specs not sure why the part number change but I'm running a gen2 my friend is using a gen1 no problems. This cams I believe are more lift than a gen3 with the same durration. You get more lift that's all

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can run 04-07 exh cam they are the same lift and duration. The gen1 cam is the same part number as the kawi exh kit cam for a gen3 the gen2 is a different part number with the same specs not sure why the part number change but I'm running a gen2 my friend is using a gen1 no problems. This cams I believe are more lift than a gen3 with the same durration. You get more lift that's all
This is the second gen standard exhaust cam that have the same part number as the gen 3 kit exhaust :wink:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hey Kirk i think 110/102 is very good for the gen3.
The 08 head is not the same as the 04-06, different flow i think.
I have a feeling that 110/110 wont make as much on this head because of that, but i really don't know/tried.
Best way is to have a test yourself, i would try 110/102 first. It easy to do it twice when you are in there...

Everybody is trying 08 cams on a 04 or a 06 engine, not on a 08.

·
Registered
384 Posts
On that note I have a set of 08 stock cams if interested pm me. I'm waiting on a few things before I go in mine again but Imight just spend a day at the dyno trying diff numbers I always wondered waht works and what doesn't. I'm 110 102 now but maybe something else works better

·
Registered
901 Posts
So would it be worth putting in the 3g kit cams or just degree our stock cams?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts