The brakes are awful - fixed.

The suspension is okay - but fixed.

Throw in a quick shifter too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
x_posts
What exhaust did you go with? Not many options left. Pics?

My solution was Gen 1 (and I did the brake upgrade) :)

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racefit Growler, some dremmeling required. It isn’t offensively noisy with the baffle fitted and the CAT in place. Brembos went straight on. QS is a dream.

·
Registered
x_posts
Looking good there. A side profile photo with it on a rear stand would be nice to see.

·
Registered
x_posts
Nice upgrades, very nice upgrades, what shifter did you go with? Just one issue....................well actually its a major issue with appearance and speed.................where's the Green bits? NO GREEN bits

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. It’s great to have back on the road again. I bought it in 2017, but last rode it at the end of summer 2019. It sat garaged and covered with a friend since then.

Which was not the intention.

COVID saw me moving with work 200 miles to the south coast of the UK. I took my trusty 25 year old Blackbird and have not been back home since. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have held onto work through the pandemic.

So the ZX sat for 3 years without being started and the same full tank of fuel. I had it couriered down 3 weeks ago and was honestly expecting the worst. Hoping for the best though, I bought Brembos, Growler and Translogic QS for after recommissioning.

if any of you are remotely interested in the prequel and what happened next, I shall expand further. If not, I’ll fcuk off to the pub.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice upgrades, very nice upgrades, what shifter did you go with? Just one issue....................well actually its a major issue with appearance and speed.................where's the Green bits? NO GREEN bits
Michael, it is Kawasaki Green - what colour does it look like to you?

(Translogic QS)

·
Registered
x_posts
Random question guys, why is it that a QS is not recommended on a gen 1, but it is fine on a gen 2? Is there any science behind that? All I've heard is that the gen 1 gearbox is 'weak'...

·
Registered
x_posts
Random question guys, why is it that a QS is not recommended on a gen 1, but it is fine on a gen 2? Is there any science behind that? All I've heard is that the gen 1 gearbox is 'weak'...
I haven't heard that one before, i have no idea what the difference is either, most G1 & G2 transmission parts are interchangeable. A shifter simply unloads the transmission in a different way to a clutch when up changing but requires much less time to do so.

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have decided that the Gen 2 is the best Ninja. Ever.

The Gen 1 has cult, but the nose isn’t pretty. Gen 3 is the girl at the bar that you like but aren’t sure about.

Subsequent gens are like S1000RR.

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
x_posts
I owned a Gen 2 for several years (purchased new) but always thought the Gen 1 looked better from every angle, including the "mantis" front end. The Gen 2 just looks porky and the dual Ducati wannabe exhaust adds to that

x_y_of_z_posts