Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So riding the other day and mid ride sitting at a light I lost power to my tach. Bike was still running then it died shortly after. Dead battery so why, it's brand new. Did some reading about issues with the gen2 charging system. I got the regulator out and will test it then the stator. If they are dinked would it be wise to go oem or I've seen these ricks racing components for about 2 bills a piece. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well if you do go stator, I know Rick's makes quality products. Ive used a couple on different bikes without problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a buddy helped me out with testing the regulator and 4 phases were reading 400k ohms when the limit according to the service manual states they should be between 20k and 200k of resistance. So in short my regulator is done. Will now test the stator to determine if it is OK and whether or not it was the cause the regulator failure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: turns out the regulator is fine. Did an voltage test on the stator and it is the culprit. Only making 2 volts on one wire. 20 on the other two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts