Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got a Gen 2, and I want to buy an HID kit been looking at DDM 55w 6000k Hi/Lo. Well here is my inexperience I want to set it up so that both light on when bike turned on and when I hit my highbeam switch both go high. Will the kit do this or am I going to have to do some re-wiring? Also was wonder what bulbs would be best for this? Searched and didn't notice this any where else if I missed it my fault, would apprieciate any information/help.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
that kit comes with bulbs that go into your high beam headlight and low beam headlight, they're one element bulbs................. they don't switch high to low.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Been asked many times before. You'd have to re-wire it to provide the switching for the signal to the respective bulb. And even then, the projector housing is what determines the highbeam/lowbeam function. In other words, it's the shape of the glass, not the bulb that make it work.

And 55w is too much. The 35w kit is brighter than stock, and you won't have heat or the possibility of melting the wireing harness.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

I dont know what the relay harnesses and wiring and such are for the Gen 2. Email them about it, I want to get a kit for my Gen 1 and they were going to make a relay for bi-xenon projectors. Basically, it works on single bulbs like the standard HIDs do, but the projector housing has a shield in it that blocks the light for the low beam setting so you it runs at a non-blinding level and then when you flip the high beam switch, the shield raises and exposes substantially more light of the bulb.

I dont know if you need the full kit either, since Gen 2 already has projectors. Worth looking into though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I really hate the one light on at a time, but I love my high beams but I guess I could run too low beams and just turn the high beam switch on all the time but if they make a dual element bulb I would really like to have my highs

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
There's a thread in the how to section...search it or just scroll through till you find it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
i did the hid kit and ordered 2 lo beam bulbs....single element ..one you put the hid kit in the bulbs and watts are the same...and with 2 hid lo beams you dont need high beams believe me....ppl see you coming....no rewiring just another lo beam bulb..i have 25w 8000k iceberg blue bulbs ....have asked chp and police in my area and they have no problem with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts