Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading and reading and reading and I have a lot of little questions that I haven't been able to get a full anwser to by reading old posts. First, How much power has someone made with a gen 2. I want to know if you can make 185 hp like the new 10s without having to turbo or spray. I have done the following mods: got rid of the cat, yoshi duals that im soon changing to two bros, secondaries butterflys removed, pc3 on order, tre, and going to do the servo eliminator mod. what else is there to do? I have done this all before except the servo mod on an older bike, but when I did it then my bike was brand new and I didn't have any newer competition per say. I also want to know if when I do the servo mod will i lose on the low end? Even with dyno tuning will it make the hp back?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Really for one it depends on the dyno too. Some dyno's read higher than others. If your so worried about numbers, then a true 185 horse is very hard to make on a gen 2. Sure you can make that much power but you will have to have some much compression you wouldn't be able to run pump gas. Depending on what your bike baselines at on the dyno thats close to you, you can mill the head and put a thinner HG on it, 13.5.1 Je's, an 08 kit cam, and tune on MR12 and that will get you as close as possible. Like said get rid of the duels and lighten it up with a single pipe. Get rid of the the exhaust servo, if your not drag racing get a 520 conversion, and get some good wheels. Just IMO

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yeah, it can be done. porting, good ex. more compression, cam or cams, tb mods, radius valve seats, custom tune, good fuel.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Im trying to get close to that number my self. I've got all the mods and I sould be putting my bike back together in the next 2weeks I hope and we will see

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say hp is a huge issue but just like to know if I was pushing for a reasonable number. I just like building stuff and making them fast. Bmore stuneter you'll have to let me know when you get done how you made out with your project. Thanks again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sweet thanks for the replies. I wouldn't say hp is a huge issue but just like to know if I was pushing for a reasonable number. I just like building stuff and making them fast. Bmore stuneter you'll have to let me know when you get done how you made out with your project. Thanks again.
Will do and you do the same:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts