Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
That's the Pyramid hugger, not bad IMO. I've got one and it does fit off square, but offers probably the best coverage.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Yuck, Yuck, Yuck,..................................................

Yuck!

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
That's the Pyramid hugger, not bad IMO. I've got one and it does fit off square, but offers probably the best coverage.

I like the look and I would have one, but I have heard that some people have had trouble with them fitting properly, so thats the only reason I dont have one on my bike

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the only one that I have seen that is even halfway decent, and it does not come in carbo
http://idealcycle.com/06_07_kawasaki_zx10r_zx10_zx_10_r__
(boo)
I have a Tekarbon carbon, stock replacement, if you can call it a hugger, lol
ijust posted the pyrimid so everyone could see ,the one you got there looks cool too im looking for a little more tire coverage than the oem thing,i dont know why they even bothered putting this on my bike.

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
ijust posted the pyrimid so everyone could see ,the one you got there looks cool too im looking for a little more tire coverage than the oem thing,i dont know why they even bothered putting this on my bike.

Well do me a fav, if you find something let me know, cause I have been lookin and cant seem to find anything that fits properly. I feel the same way, the hugger that they use as stock, Im not sure why they even bothered, I would like to have a chain guard and hugger combo, but a bigger hugger then the stock one.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
How bout Powerbronze? IMHO does the job, fits very well, includes chain guard, looks ok, you can custom vents w/ silver or gold mesh. This one is the CF look.

One Side

Other Side

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yes you are right but thats in stock trim 06-07 zx10r Dry weight: 175.1 kg (386.0 pounds) 08-09 zx10r Dry weight 458.6 lbs. wait now looks like the 08 is lighter http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/23639/Buyers-Guide-Specifications/2008-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-10R.aspx
Don't like to burst a Fellow Sacramento guy and local rider but a 2nd Gen in Stock form is not 386lbs not even close :headshake A first Gen is Still the lightest ZX10R in stock trim as low as 407-9lbs..remove the Hugger plastics and a slip-on and your right @ 400lbs or lighter. The 2nd Gen can get close to that weight as well or match with little mods and the 3rd gen can get close but believe not better than the 1st and 2nd gens. I believe the 3rd Gen though looses more weight with the same mods that the other Gens do to not be as heavy stock from the showroom floor.

bloo

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Don't like to burst a Fellow Sacramento guy and local rider but a 2nd Gen in Stock form is not 386lbs not even close :headshake A first Gen is Still the lightest ZX10R in stock trim as low as 407-9lbs..remove the Hugger plastics and a slip-on and your right @ 400lbs or lighter. The 2nd Gen can get close to that weight as well or match with little mods and the 3rd gen can get close but believe not better than the 1st and 2nd gens. I believe the 3rd Gen though looses more weight with the same mods that the other Gens do to not be as heavy stock from the showroom floor.

bloo
Totaly off topic, but if I were a betting man, I would bet that if you took all three gens and removed the factory exhaust, and weighed them with no exhaust they would all be within 5-8lbs of eachother. Purely speculative but I think all the weight changes is in the different exhaust configurations.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Totaly off topic, but if I were a betting man, I would be that if you took all three gens and removed the factory exhaust, and weighed them with no exhaust they would all be within 5-8lbs of eachother. Purely speculative but I think all the weight changes is in the different exhaust configurations.
I already considered that...bottom line the other Gens 2nd to 3rd have heavy parts the 1st Gen doesn't have massive swing arms bigger radiators etc...it's not only the exhaust IMO. :wink:

bloo

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I am just saying they would be close, not exactly the same, the 08 arm though is alot lighter than it looks, it actaualy felt a bit lighter than my stock 04 arm.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts