Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys think are the best tyres i can get? I see different opinions on different forums..
I see a lot of people recommending pilot power 2ct, meanwhile here Q3 by dunlop i believe...
I have 2006 zx10r tho
thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,670 Posts
This is such an open-ended question. What do you consider the "best" tire? Grip? Mileage? Price?

I love the Q3.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyday use, school / work.. i dont have car only my ninja
at least 30 miles every day and probably more..
No track days etc.. A lot of freeway..
I hate Q3 but could be that its because ex owner didnt lean enough, and they are not worn out on the edges. so it makes it harder to lean.. because i bought bike with like 60% tire..
Ive also heard PP 3's last much longer.. since im broke student and i ride a lot, but they seem to be more expensive than q3 so i'm wondering does it make it up

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,670 Posts

I hate Q3 but could be that its because ex owner didnt lean enough, and they are not worn out on the edges. so it makes it harder to lean.. because i bought bike with like 60% tire..

Ive also heard PP 3's last much longer.. since im broke student and i ride a lot, but they seem to be more expensive than q3 so i'm wondering does it make it up

Neither one of those tires would be good for you. The Q3 is a hard riding street/track tire. It will grip like crazy and wear out in no time. I can't get more than 2500 miles out of a rear. You need to be looking at sport touring tires, not a track day tire like you mention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neither one of those tires would be good for you. The Q3 is a hard riding street/track tire. It will grip like crazy and wear out in no time. I can't get more than 2500 miles out of a rear. You need to be looking at sport touring tires, not a track day tire like you mention.
oh. i mean i still like to hit Mullholand on weekends and be able to lean in to snake hardly :/ i dont want performance to suffer too badly :S but i am not pro either.. been riding forever(15years) but new to supersport

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,670 Posts
oh. i mean i still like to hit Mullholand on weekends and be able to lean in to snake hardly :/ i dont want performance to suffer too badly :S but i am not pro either.. been riding forever(15years) but new to supersport

Well, if that's the case then stick with the Q3. One of the best and cheapest tires going. The fact that your current one is squared off and that's causing weird handling to you shouldn't jade your opinion.

You're going to get a LOT of different opinions on this topic. If you search for past threads on here (there's a shit ton) you can read for days and be no closer to an answer than you are now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can also check out the new-ish Bridgestone S21. I have a few miles on my first set of those and they perform very well so far on my Gen 2. Mostly twisties. Don`t know how long they will last though. Its also a hypersport tire aimed towards grip, not longevity. Rear is triple compound.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
If you want higher mileage than true Supersport tires with a little sportiness, you can try the Pirelli Angel ST and similar. It will not be anything near as sticky as a Q3, PP, Rosso's,... etc. It will however last longer in the commuting role in which it was designed to do.

But as in the case of everything and opinions- to each their own,

and your mileage may vary.. :wink:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Used bridgestone new T30 EVO, could not find anything that they would not handle...
lots of miles and lots of street grip.

better that PR4, but PR4 is better on wet.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Im in the same boat you are, but im no longer on a 10, but a 6. My 6 came with conti motions on them and I liked the amount of feedback I got form them so i decided to try their longer mileage tire, the Road Attack 2 Evo. Theyre coming out with the Road Attack 3 soon if they haven't already, but my experience with them in the rain is fantastic. As long as my throttle control isn't shitty they grip really well. I paid 303 for the set and the PR4 is about 30-40 more for the set. Definitely get an all season tire for the commute and youll be be pleased

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i will.. because i dont have choice except to ride in the rain.. And my Q3's aren't really good in rain.. will enjoy grip however until they wear out :( got like a month remaining :( :(
What do u guys think about pilot power 3? I've seen a lot of comments people saying that they do like 5-10k miles with them? Are they good in rain?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Op you should have initially stated you ride mullholland. You would need the stickiest tires. You can tell from all the crashes on youtube. They were all due to tires. And none of the crashed were due to decreasing radius, target fixation, crown of the road and showing off for the camera. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts