Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the bike show today and entered the 10 in the dyno shootout, just to get an idea of where I'm at....

Mods/info

BMC street filter
GiPRO ATRE - Hard setting
V-stacks
Smog pump delete
-1/+2 520 chain sprockets
PCIII - ....*NOT TUNED*....
Exhaust - ....*STOCKO WHEELBARROW CANS*....
28,000 kms - recent major service

First run ......162HP
Second run......165HP!!!!!!

An 09 gixxa1000 with all the goods and an akra pipe made 170HP just before me.The dyno dude and the crowd seemed suprised for what would've looked like a pretty much stock zx10. I thought I might've been lucky to get 160HP. I was cheerin'....you can see where the numbers are gonna go with a full system and a custom map.

Respect to all the guys and gals that make this site what it is. Respect to the 10's

Ride hard, ride safe!!!

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
792 Posts
For apples to apples, after mods, you better go find that very same dyno operator...otherwise any comparison is meaningless.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
For apples to apples, after mods, you better go find that very same dyno operator...otherwise any comparison is meaningless.
But he did compare it to a k9 gsxr 1000k that ONLY made 5 more hp. So even if he does go to another dyno operator and it dynos 140 and does a tune and gains go up to 147 hp...would it be like gaining 7 hp on the original dyno, since he gained 7 on the second dyno? In theory of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts