Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 465 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Yeah, the whole blackout thing is killing me, I wish my plastics weren't painted, cuz I want to go all black on those...maybe just change up the whole color scheme this winter, always had the white bug...I'd keep the wheels red, and do a white with red accent scheme...
the flame lines on its would look badass if painted green as well as the rims and other nick nacks but it does look sick as it stands and I usually dont care for the SEs bec of the red in the flame lines

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the kind words! I do like how it looks now, but I've always liked stuff white out...
My snowboard gear was usually white, I have an all white tux for special occasions, I like the naval officer uniforms cuz they're all white, and one of my favorite cars was when I was younger, a white Acura Integra with white wheels...
But...I love the green kawi wheels that came on the 08 6R, and I'd definitely be open to a white bike with green accents and green wheels, or black and green....I just don't know, so many dang choices! By the way, love your green on your bike!!!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Thanks, its def a 1 off bike. White with green would look badass, but bright colors get dirty soooooo easy, I hate how much I gotta clean my rims

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Here's mine: Just got done with the swing arm and fork swap.

You need the matching green wheels!!! Very nice bike, love the swingarm!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Heres a couple more to add to the 2 I uploaded a while back. Dont mind me or my fiance in them, these were some of our engagement pics that i just took off the disc we were given

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
I dont have many good pics on my new laptop so here's one from the track. A question for all 2nd gen owners that have went to a single side exhaust, did u loose any power by doing it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
BigCat, how the fudge do you ride at night with those green headlights??? Do you get shit from the popo at all for them? I'd like to see a frontal pic with them on, I like em!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I've been stopped twice, and got a ticket once. The cop that wrote me was one of my fraternity brothers...i was fuckin pissed, he was bein a bitch that day. The other was a state trooper and I told him it was so ppl would double take before killing me. He was on a bike so he let me go, and suggested I change em. I told him no and he said ok and left. They dont seem that green in my pics, but if u see them in person, theyre the same shade of green as a green traffic light, just alot brighter, theyre HIDs too. I'll post a front light pic in a sec after I switch to my laptop

EDIT: heres 3

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Feeling the love.

Great to see the gp werkes pipe making a good showing, just ordered mine looking forward to getting it and fitting it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here's mine: Just got done with the swing arm and fork swap.

very trick looking bike, dude. i've got a gen3 arm and comp werkes gp can waitin to go on my 06 over the winter. love the way you mounted the brake res on the rear. rep sent.:thumbsup:

btw, what all was needed for the bpf fork swap? been considering that one myself.......which forks did ya use?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the kind words! I do like how it looks now, but I've always liked stuff white out...
My snowboard gear was usually white, I have an all white tux for special occasions, I like the naval officer uniforms cuz they're all white, and one of my favorite cars was when I was younger, a white Acura Integra with white wheels...
But...I love the green kawi wheels that came on the 08 6R, and I'd definitely be open to a white bike with green accents and green wheels, or black and green....I just don't know, so many dang choices! By the way, love your green on your bike!!!
well here's something to help with your indecision..........:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
very trick looking bike, dude. i've got a gen3 arm and comp werkes gp can waitin to go on my 06 over the winter. love the way you mounted the brake res on the rear. rep sent.:thumbsup:

btw, what all was needed for the bpf fork swap? been considering that one myself.......which forks did ya use?
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72962&page=61 - according to this link he added a swingarm from an 09, Rear shock from an 09 Zx6r, BPF forks from an 09 Zx6r. I myself is debating to add the fork swap to my list.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Thanks for the rep

I got the idea from cgifly2 on the zxforum. The swap is fairly straight forward.
If you decide to do it let me know and I can help with a few of the decisions that you will have to make. The only real issue is that the stem on the 09 ZX6r is longer. You have to press out both stems and substitute the 10 stem to the 6 triple trees The only issue is that the 10 stem is just a couple thou smaller. I used an anerobic adhesive when I pressed the 10 stem on. Swap the ignition switch, use the 09 6r axle. The wheels both use the same bearings. I am 165 lbs and the springs on both the rear shock and the forks seem to be just right. I may have to revalve a little as the compression damping is all the way out. ( you guys will love these mods) they are easy, cheap and very effective. I no longer Jones for a gen 4. :smile:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I dont have many good pics on my new laptop so here's one from the track. A question for all 2nd gen owners that have went to a single side exhaust, did u loose any power by doing it?
I uesed a different tuner/dyno from when I had dual undertails and tuned to single low mount and tuned. My second tune with the comp werkes read much higher but there is SO much of a difference in each dyno reading that I can't say how big of a jump it made. I know that my low and mid range picked up ALOT and I can definately feel it as well as dyno showing(different dyno though) it made more.
I have yet to hear one person on here that went to the comp werkes say they were disappointed with the power it makes. If you don't want a custom tune cause of the $, use the Two Brothers single VALE map off of dyno Jets website. It is really close especially if you are catless with the Comp Werkes pipe.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Thanks for the rep

I got the idea from cgifly2 on the zxforum. The swap is fairly straight forward.
If you decide to do it let me know and I can help with a few of the decisions that you will have to make. The only real issue is that the stem on the 09 ZX6r is longer. You have to press out both stems and substitute the 10 stem to the 6 triple trees The only issue is that the 10 stem is just a couple thou smaller. I used an anerobic adhesive when I pressed the 10 stem on. Swap the ignition switch, use the 09 6r axle. The wheels both use the same bearings. I am 165 lbs and the springs on both the rear shock and the forks seem to be just right. I may have to revalve a little as the compression damping is all the way out. ( you guys will love these mods) they are easy, cheap and very effective. I no longer Jones for a gen 4. :smile:
This is a very tricky mod.
I even thought of doing it myself, a couple months ago a guy was selling the whole front end of a 4th gen, and i mean whole... forks, trees, axle, mc, brake caliper, lines.. the whole deal... Im glad the 6r worked too.

Now i think depending how much you will spend on forks/trees/axle you might be better off buying some cartridges for the stock forks, which are better than the bpf.

(not trying to say anything bad about the bpf, i really like those forks and i think it is a pretty cool mod)

41 - 60 of 465 Posts