Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

441 - 460 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to have an '05 years ago and missed it ever since. I picked this thing up last weekend and finally got out to ride it after tearing it down and going through it. Swapped the front brakes as that is one thing that was always the weak point on the Gen 1 and 2. Picked up a used set of ZX14 brakes. It was a complete setup with the master cylinder and even had the lever. It was in great shape and bolted right up. What a night and day difference. I was a little worried because I wasn't a 100% sure that the newer ones were a direct fit and they were being sold as '12-'17 zx14r brakes. I'm probably going to swap out the exhaust for a Comp Werkes GP, and besides that going ride the hell out of this thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Ah... I miss the old days of the under-tail exhaust. I respect MV for keeping the heritage alive. They pretty much suck in terms of weight and CG but they still look and sound dope.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
It's good to see we still have a few Gen 2 owners left on here! :welcome:

·
Registered
99 Posts
The scenery is beautiful out there. I wish we had canyons and mountains here in Nashville.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vegas...go -1 on the front sprocket. You'll love it.

I’ve been thinking about going with a 520 conversion with -1/+2. I just don’t want to lose too much on the top end. I’ll probably pick up a couple different rear sprockets so I can change depending on which track I’m riding, or if I’m on the street.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I’ve been thinking about going with a 520 conversion with -1/+2. I just don’t want to lose too much on the top end. I’ll probably pick up a couple different rear sprockets so I can change depending on which track I’m riding, or if I’m on the street.
I'm -1 on the front. Definitely better, but still looking for more low end here. Probably go +1 or +2 in the back. Not worried about top end where I live.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was -1 for awhile. I'm -1/ +2 now. It's very lively. Combine that with the quarter turn throttle mod & you'll have a freakishly quick Gen 2. I don't need top end here either. It still has it, but my roads will only allow 140ish...max, so I'm still good.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have posted my pics many years before. But here is my racebike and my streetbike at SouthBeach last year. Quick story is my best friend came over and we were talkin' bikes. His bike was at the shop, so I said "Fuck it. Enough talk. Lets ride!" He said how? I said you take my racebike and we"ll go to SouthBeach real quick and turn back. We had to stay staggered cuz my racebike has no lights or tag (obviously), lol. We took a chance but had a blast. It was badass to see both my bikes on I95 at the same time, hahahaha.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I have posted my pics many years before. But here is my racebike and streetbike at SouthBeach last year. Quick story is my best friend came over and we were talkin' bikes. His bike was at the shop, so I said "Fuck it. Enough talk. Lets ride!" He said how? I said you take the racebike and we"ll go to SouthBeach real quick and turn back. We had to stay staggered cuz my racebike had no lights or tag, lol. We took a chance but had a blast. It was badass to see both my bikes on I95 at the same time, hahahaha.
You have a 2nd Gen for racing and another for street riding!?! You're my idol! Lol, that's awesome!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You have a 2nd Gen for racing and another for street riding!?! You're my idol! Lol, that's awesome!
Lmao! Thank you. I love 'em both equally.

441 - 460 of 467 Posts