Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really dig the pipe-very nice. I wonder how it would fit with the gen2 swingarm. Hmm. Is it as loud as the regular Racefit?

Not very well with gen2 swinger LOL and in that pic it's on a gen3 header, gen2 header fuhgedaboutit, it's basically the only reason I did the gen3 conversion :badteeth: lol

I've never heard a Growler on another 10 so I can't say how loud it is:dontknow: what I can tell you is it's SUPER DEEEEEP!:thumbsup: it's definitely not obnoxious loud but she does start to scream above 10k:helmet:

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is the only single sided exhaust that I like on the Gen2.
IF I could find one of those for a reasonable price I'd definitely look into doing it.
Reasonable price and Racefit usually don't go in the same sentence lol!

It's nothing a giant hammer and a torch couldn't have fixed. I have access to a Harley tool kit and I'm not afraid to use it on your bike.

:spit::crackup:

Mods, please ban this guy for putting bad ideas in our heads. This thread is going to cost me a lot of money. :badteeth:
:bs: I've seen your bike Sasquatch, you've crossed that "cost a lot of money" line along time ago!:cool:yours, Battrecons and Greenmans gen2's are obscene!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

·
Registered
366 Posts

Had aftermarket exhausts, (didn't like them - I don't like chrome on sports bikes).

Modified the factory pipes for the sound I was after and am happy with them now.

More things to come but so far:
De-catted, plus end can internals drilled
PC3
Double bubble screen
Crash knobs
heated grips
rebuilt Ohlins damper (thanks for the advice from the forum)

To come:
- I'm split in two minds whether I want to go to bar end mirrors or not, but I can't find enough pictures of these with them to convince me. Same with rim tape (and if so, is going blue going to be too much?).
- ZX14 Calipers (they are apparently on their way - but that was 3 weeks ago so gotta chase up again) - then paint all these (yet to decide on colour)
- black out every visible bolt
- HID headlights (would prefer to somehow modify it so that it keeps both headlights on at the same time without blinding anyone)
- LED running lights to replace the factory bulbs (on their way)

Anything else anyone recommends? :hello: :idea:

And my last bike :thumbsup::

Get some braided lines for the calipers:helmet: I have a bunch of CRG mirrors, pm me if interested:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
366 Posts
Braided lines with the new callipers? Good to know thanks.

Regarding the mirrors, I want to see what they look like on a Gen2 first before I try em.

Thanks! :wink:
I've never actually had the bar end mirrors on my 10, had them on my gsxr 1000:dontknow: was going to put them on but ended up getting a pair of Lightech mirrors instead:mrgreen:

·
Registered
366 Posts
update

Did a BPF front end swap, added Woodcraft clip ons, replaced my worn out Renthal grips, Gilles Extreme Ergo levers, new chain/sprockets(-1/+3) and took off the gen3 heat shield and put on a less chopped up lower fairing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
few more bits added in.
illumiglo gauge face (failure), but a local guy inverted the dash face(i like!)

hard to find rumble concepts blinker. they dun fit perfect, but really flush to the fairing. the rear only came in green. so stripped the lights and had it painted black.

after a $40 bike wash+detail

2006 Model
1) Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust modified to fit with Street Legal End Cans to meet local requirements
2) KRT race ECU
3) Ohlins Rear Shock - Looking to upgrade to TTX (pm if interested)
4) Gen2 Black Forks with Ohlins Internals - Looking to upgrade to FGR100,200 or 300
5) Marchesini Aluminum Rims - Looking to upgrade to M7RS
6) Vortex Sprockets with EK Chain - 520 - 17/46
7) Brembo 19x20 Master
8) Nissin Caliper from ZX14 - Looking to upgrade to Brembo GP4-RX
9) Brembo 320mm front Discs with Titanium Bolts
10) Hollow Rear Discs with Titanium Bolts
11) GB Moto 64mm Underslung Rear Caliper
12) Goodridge SBK Brakeline
13) Ebay Engine - Stock
14) AMA SBK Swingarm
15) Exratech Carbon Hugger
16) Hotbodies Front Fender
17) Cleverwolf Carbon Tank Protector
18) Rifleman Quick throttle
19) Carbon Seat Cover
20) OEM Single Seat - Passenger Peg removed
21) Dynojet Quickshift connected to ECU
22) Vortex Rearset
23) ABM Triples with relocated Damper
24) Clip Ons
25) Ebay Voltmeter
26) SpeedoDRD
27) Sato Brake Reservoir mounts
28) Small Front Brake Reservoir
29) Heat Shield on Airbox, Air Filter Paper removed and replaced with net, Air nozzles and reduced to make intake port bigger
30) Schintz Fan replace OEM Fan
31) Samco Hose
32) Catalyst Lower Cowl
33) Lust Racing Tie Rod - Shock Shim increased from 6 to 10mm, Shock ride height set to max, Tie Rod increases tail height by another 40mm, Triples allowed another further increase of 8mm at front. Bike is quite high, hence standing on brick. else will be a good lean
34) Gear Indicator - Thundercoupe
35) Pit Switch ($5 electric bike light switch)
36) Rumble Concepts Blinker

Parts on hand to install:
1) Fuel Tank Breather
2) KRT High Comp - 0.45mm
3) Gen3 Intake Cams
4) KRT Exhaust Valve Springs
4) Wilbro Fuel Pump
5) FRAM Sub Radiator
6) Relocate Coolant Reservoir
7) Factory Pro Shiftstar

Plans on Hand
1) Dashboard - Translogic or Aim
2) Crankcase Breather - KRT too ex
3) Radiator Shroud
4) Looking for a Supercharger solution
Jeezus Murphy! Sick machine!:helmet:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cheers dude

Its pimped up with a one off hand made single Racefit exhaust conversion, Dymag wheels, AP Racing calipers front and rear, PFM floating discs, Ohlins rear shock, Giles rear sets, Samco hoses, Carbon protection, Fonsi Nieto WSB PSG-1 dream machine race paint, Translogic adjustable dash with quick shifter, Power commander, GPR steering damper, Fully adjustable levers, R and G crash protection!!
Yea, I was watching the for sale post on the UK site.....I was trying to get him to sell me that Racefit:angryfire: You're only lucky dude to get that beast:eek:ccasion1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts